Unawaited Distraction

Mason's POV.:

Everything ecalated more than I thought or assumed it would. I didn't know what led me to place my hands on her thighs but it was somehow like I couldn't control myself, my wolf, Gray, took over. She watched me wide eyed but my wolf  clearly enjoyed it, and what amazed me most was that she didn't make any move to push me away. She just looked me in the eyes and placed her hands around my neck strocking my end hairs. Now it was my turn to look wide eyed at her. When she touched me  I felt goosebumps on my skin. I didn't feel like this with somebody since my mate, Lauri, died four years ago. It didn't really surprise me that when I looked at her wide eyed she noticed that something was odd between us, lowered her gaze and stood up, exiting the room. It was odd for both of us, and she was first to stop what could /might have happened between us. I felt that my wolf was attracted to her, but neither of us knew why.

I sat there for a couple of minutes, just thinking about what just happened until I stood up and went into my room to take a shower. I have to stop flirting, touching or talking to her in any but a business way, otherwise I don't know what would happen. She's here to find a solution for those damn vampires and not to be distracted by odd feelings.

I sighed.

But that'll be much more difficult than it seems to be.

Mia's POV.:

I exited the room and grabbed my tanktop putting it on again and walking into my room. I closed the door behind me and sat against it. I sighed. I have to stop flirting with him, talking with him except if it's necessary. My wolf is just as confused as me if that's even possible. I sighed again and stood up taking a shower to clean the sweat off my body. I decided  to not let him distract me, I'm here for a reason, and nothing different. It's just that I let my walls I built through the years after Brandon's death down for a couple of hours. I was my old self again, not the cold, serious and hurt Alpha I usually am. And I'm actually thankful for this, that I could be myself with him, I just have to blame me, for everything I did, and nobody else, not even him.

I threw a towel around me, dried my hair a bit with another one and walked to my night table where my phone layed. I wanted to call Lucas and ask if everything's okay.

''Yes, Alpha?'' Lucas said through the phone.

''Hello Lucas, I just wanted to ask if everything's okay in the pack.'' I answered in my Alpha tone.

''Of course, everything's alright, don't worry Alpha, I can handle this.''

I smiled slightly.

''Yes, I know you do, just wanted to check.''

''Was that everything you wanted to say, Alpha?'' Lucas asked.

''Yes, you can go back to your work again, take care of the pack.''

''Sure, Alpha.'' He said and I ended the call.

At least everything's okay in the pack, that's good.

I just wanted to get dressed when a knock on my door got my attention.

''Who's there?'' I shouted, not wanting to open the door only in a towel.

''It's Alpha Mason.'' He said.

My eyes widened. What does he want?

''What do you want Alpha?'' I shouted irritated.

''I want to talk to you.'' Mason answered.

''About the vampires?'' I asked, also asking myself why he may wants to talk to me about this now.