Chapter 9

Emerald's POV.

Knock knock

I opened the door and Jace came in.

"We need to talk " i said. "We cant do this Jace. "

"But why not ?" He replied.

How do I tell him? I sighed and replied.

"Because I dont want to be hurt again " i said.

"I will never hurt you "

"But you have a mate out there and when you find her you will leave me. Not that I am against it but I will fall hard for you and leaving you will not be easy for me . But mates bond is something no one can fight specially when you are not like Chase. My wolf doesnt mind it because she sees you as her mate too. And in that way I would be rejected. I cant take it. I like you. But I am not taking risk of getting rejected. Again" i finished rambling.

He smiled at me and hugged me. I was schocked but hugged him back.

I pulled away after sometime.

"That wont happen Em. "

" Why?"

"Because my mate was killed by rogues "

"Oh my ....." i hugged him again tighter. "I am sorry" 

"No you shouldnt be." He nuzzeled his head in my crook of neck.

I felt my neck getting wet. Shit! Hes crying.  But I am not the one to stop someone from crying. I slowly led him to be and laid us there. He was sobbing now.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked.

He nodded. "I guess I need to. Her name was Emily. She was lovely. I met her in the woods. She wandering around. I smelt her and went towards her . When I got closure she smelt like a rogue. I hid behind a tree. She smelt me but shook her head after looking around a bit. There was man standing in front of her. He was his father. And his father was planning an attack on us. He left her for run in woods. I walked to her. I thought maybe I could stop her. She said she would try. Or at least when the fight will be against us she would then betray her pack. She didnt want to stay with me at pack house. I had to agree at last because she said I need to respect her feelings. But when she talked to her father. He killed her. He killed before she could leave because he thought she will betray him now. It was my biggest mistake to let her go alone. I could have at least followed her. " he cried loudly this time.

"Shhhh..... Jace its not your fault. At least not fully. She should have betrayed her pack at the end moment. But its past now and we cant change it. I dont say grieving over her is bad but you had done it many times. She would want you to move on. " i said

"When I first saw you I couldnt help loving you. I felt the need to save you. My wolf was reluctant at first but now he also think you are his mate. You make me feel back me again Em. I dont want to loose you ever. I love you so much " he said when he stopped crying.

"I love you too. " and then I pulled him in for a kiss. Maybe he is my second chance? And if he is then what will I do because either of them are equal for me. But for now Chase doesnt deserves me. I dont want to be his mate. Maybe he did it even after I left and I couldnt feel it because I was away and the bond was breaking. And yesterday the bond became a little strong so I felt the pain. Anyways Jace need to be loved. He didnt deserve this and if he thinks me as his second chance then I will be with him . I will give us a try. He can love me more than Chase could have done. After all first impression is last impression. 

_______________________________

Chase's POV

My blood was boiling. How did he ask her to be his girlfriend SHE IS MINE.
She was ours . My wolf said.
What do you mean by was? She is still ours. I said.
Ask her. She and her wolf are happy with Jace . He said.
Do you know why? I asked him.
Yes I do but I wont tell you. Its her decision. With that my wolf went back and disappeared. He comes suddenly and leaves without much talking. He wasnt like that till I rejected Emerald. I feel stupid for doing so ..... oh no how would I ask her. I gulped and went back to my office for work. I had to ask her anyway. I had to make her mine again.

At lunch I decided to talk to her alone. No matter what I will I aske her even if she decides to kill me there. I deserve it.

After everybody had eayen and Jace went with his pack to his room Emerald stayed to clean the dishes. I thought that as my chance.

"Hey Emerald" her body stiffened.

"What do you want?" She said and started doing her work again.

"I am sorry for what I did. I know sorry doesnt make it upto that but please will you hear me out ?"

"Why?" She whispered.

"I was stupid . Stupid to reject you. I want you back . Please come back I will make it upto you and you will not regret coming back . How do you not feel this bond. How can you be with him?-"  I was cut off by her loud voice.

"Because he was there everytime when my wolf needed you. To your surprise my wolf loves him too. And at least I didnt go around sleeping with other sluts. For once I thought that you have changed but no you just fucked Brittany today. I felt the pain. Jace was there to stop it. He was there through my first shift and he made my wolf think I am his mate. You both were equal to me till yesterday.  But today I feel he is more deserving.  And to be honest he is. He didnt disrespect his mate bond. He accepted me although I was a rogue. He could have left me there after I shifted but he took care of me all this two years. I can see the pain in his eyes when he sees ne in pain and because my wolf loves him too I dont feel the same for you " she said and went on with her dishes.

"But you have me now. I am your true mate Em. He-" she put a hand to stop me fron saying further.

" I dont care if he isnt my true mate or not. He makes me feel special and precious. He makes me feel like I am the one and only one for him and if true mate is to be like you then I would rather like this whole pretend mate thing. I guess I have been given a secobd chance and I will go with him  Second dont call me Em. Only my friends can call me Em. Which is not you! " And she left.

I sighed.  That explaibs how she is alive and how she doesnt feel the sane way.

______________________________

A/N: Oh gosh ! Jace mate is dead. Im so sad for him.
Please Vote and Comment