Chapter 24

Emerald's POV

"I am sooo happy!!!" I sang while twirling in circles and pancakes on stove. "La la la la" I sang further when someone rudely held me by my shoulder and his other hand over my mouth.

"Will you fucking stop this horrible behaviour of urs?"

I shook my head no. It was Kathryn.

She pulled back her hand and sighed. 

"Please enlighten me why are you so happy?"

"Jace has forgiven me. And...... and .......and I dont know I just feel happy." I shrugged and began serving myself pancakes.

"Well then be sad because Jace's pack is leaving today"

My mouth dropped with a loud smash my plate was on floor too.

"Fuck!" I cursed and started picking up pieces, Kathryn helping me. After completing I rrubbed my temples.

"Why is he leaving so soon?"

"Its been five months now Em. Hes an Alpha he cant stay longer. Specially after finding his mate."

"Yeah.....I guess you are right. I will miss him so much. So when is he leaving? I mean what time?"

"Now"

"Huh? What?" I was startled and looked at her with wide eyes. She shrugged ans went outside . I suppose to say goodbye. I trailed behind her and saw them bidding goodbyes. Thats when I lost it. Tears brimmed my eyes . I ran and hugged Jace tightly, sobbing in his chest. I clenched my fist and wrapped my legs around him. I felt him leaving in woods but didnt stopped crying. I couldnt . Jace meant alot to me.

"Sh... sh.. Em stop crying . I know I am leaving at such a short notice. And to be honest I didnt expect you to bid my bye . It pains me to leave you and I know it does to you too but you know I cant leave my pack without Alpha ." I nodded reluctantly as he cradled me in his arms. I started unwrapping my legs but he held me.

"At least let me get you back there and hold you close to me for last time before I leave ." I nodded and burried my head in his neck sniffing occasionally. When he brought me back I unwrapped my legs and hugged others. James and Jeremy hugged me longer. I cried in their chests too.

Chace then wrapped his arms around me and I felt better for once . They said their final goodbyes and left.

Oh I wish I could be with them like I had planned.

"Baby doll?" I looked up at Chase.

"Stop crying. It hurts me you know . We will meet them once in a while. " I nodded and grinned . He lifted me up in bridal style and led us in kitchen. I cooked pancakes from the left batter and served us since mine got wasted. 

"Uhhh....Em I wanted to ask you something?" I just looked at him waiting for him to ask.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

"Ahhh finally I thought you would never ask! Yes idiot!"

He grinned wider and kissed me . But he pulled away before I could kiss him back. And I let it be that way.