Chapter 6: The Candy

Annabeth POV

"Guys, this is so hard," Leo whined.

I sighed as I set my notebook down. To be honest, Leo was right. Writing a song was extremely difficult. Every time that I got inspired, the words failed me.

"I'm gonna get a drink," I informed everyone as I got up.

It was so frustrating because I hated not knowing things. I hated being bad at something. It was a blow to my ego and pride.

I walked into Piper's kitchen and grabbed some orange juice. I was over so often that this was practically my second home. Piper lived in a mansion thanks to her father. Tristian Mclean was a famous movie star and model.

"Anyone else want anything?" Piper hollered as she came in.

No one responded. Everyone was probably too busy trying to write some lyrics, but we were all getting annoyed.

"This is too much, Annabeth," Piper commented.

"Tell me about it. Considering how much I love music and singing, I'm so bad with lyrics and expressing my thoughts," I said firmly.

"Actually, I'm talking about your coldness towards Percy."

I stared at Piper before sighing. I knew that everyone was thinking about this. However, Piper was the only one brave enough to bring it up.

Percy was trying pretty hard to interact with me, but I was ignoring his efforts.

"Piper, you know how he just ghosted me. We were best friends," I replied. Ugh, I didn't like rehashing the past like this.

"Percy probably had his reasons," Piper said.

"No, he didn't. Percy managed to keep up with Jason and Thalia, and other people with whom he wasn't even that close."

I finished my orange juice and washed the glass.

"Maybe, it has something to do with you specifically. Maybe, it hurt him too much to have to separate from you," Piper assured.

I sighed as I dried the glass.

"I don't buy it, Piper. Let's just stop talking about this," I stated.

Even though she wasn't satisfied, Piper nodded. We both returned to the large living room and noticed that everyone was working or trying to.

However, no one seemed to be making any good progress except Percy.

He was writing away in his notepad. His hand was moving so fast that it seemed like he was just scribbling.

"Percy, what are you doing?" Piper asked as she walked over. She leaned down to try to read Percy's notes.

However, Percy quickly hit the notebook.

"Woah, what's with the hostility?" Jason asked in confusion.

"Sorry, I was working on a song for myself. I don't know, the concept randomly came to me now, and I got into it," Percy explained.

"Percy, we're supposed to be working on our project," Piper scolded.

Percy looked down at his notebook before sighing. "Yeah, you're right, sorry guys," Percy replied before turning to a new page. "So, where are we?"

When Percy was writing his songs, he lost track of time and his surroundings. He didn't even seem to realize that everyone was struggling.

I was curious about the song that he was working on.

Percy's music was quite good, so it was interesting that he was writing more songs, probably for his next album.