Chapter 30: The Changes

Annabeth POV

I looked around the board room in caution. Despite my best friend is the daughter and heir of Olympus Records, I've never been inside of the building. The board room was professional times ten, and everyone resembled intensity and business.

"Don't worry, Annabeth, you are simply here for legal purposes," Artemis whispered.

"Thanks, Artemis for the reassurance, but I don't want to be here. I don't even know why I'm needed for this. Percy's the one that's resigning from Olympus Records," I stated.

Artemis smiled at me before leaning towards me.

"Well, we both know that you're a big reason for his departure. I am going to miss the young pop star. He was different, special," Artemis said.

I knew that those words meant a lot coming from Artemis. She was a gifted songwriter who has worked with hundreds of artists.

My gaze narrowed at the last person to walk into the room.

Atlas wore a serious expression as he took a seat next to Zeus. Finally, Zeus stood up and prompted the lawyers to start the proceedings.

"All right, everyone, all of the details have been arranged. Officially, Percy Jackson is no longer signed to Olympus Records as per his request," Zeus stated boldly. His tone was neutral, but you could tell that he was bubbling with anger.

"And, I am incredibly happy about it," Percy commented slyly.

I looked at my boyfriend who was smirking at Atlas and Zeus. He reached out his hand and gently held mine.

"Stop smiling, you-"

Atlas was interrupted by a lawyer.

"We are here to have a professional departure. Please, let's refrain from any comments that could get either party in trouble," the lawyer said firmly.

Then, another lawyer spoke up.

"Olympus Records no longer has a legal affiliation over Percy Jackson. Any unrecorded items and patents shall be returned to the custody of the artist and songwriter," she stated.

The meeting continued for hours, and I got bored pretty easily. However, I had to stay alert so that I could stop Percy from sleeping. Every few minutes, he would start to doze off.

They talked about everything, ranging from financials to personal distress. Chiron spoke on Percy's behalf as his manager.

"All right, that concludes this meeting. Mr. Jackson and Chiron, I believe that we have another meeting scheduled at Kane Records later today," Percy's lawyer acknowledged.

"Yes, we do, Ms. Themis," Chiron said in a positive tone.

Olympus Records' lawyers and businessmen left the room, which left Zeus, Atlas, Artemis, Percy, Chiron, Ms. Themis, and me. The tension could be cut with a knife.

"Congratulations, Seaweed Brain," I whispered.

Percy pulled me closer to him while still smiling. His hands wrapped around my waist as he kissed my cheek. "Thanks, Wise Girl."

"You both are lucky that the pictures vanished," Zeus exclaimed boldly. "Otherwise, you would still be our money-making, publicity pawn."

"I'm not gonna miss you either," Percy said sarcastically.

"Also, it's funny that the pictures were deleted from both of your possessions on the same night. What a coincidence?" I commented.

Percy chuckled as his casted hand gripped my waist. It's been a few weeks since the incident with Smelly Gabe, and Percy's hand was doing better.