Chapter 28: The Concert

Annabeth POV

The car hit a bump in the road effectively knocking all of us out of our thoughts. I looked outside to realize that we were close to our destination. It was almost a two-hour drive to come to the venue. 

"Hey, Annabeth, are you nervous?" Piper asked hesitantly. 

"Piper, why would I be nervous? We're only going to a concert," I said matter-of-factly. 

This wasn't that big of a deal. Well, if you ignore the fact that we were attempting to recruit the help of Atlas's daughter, superstar Calypso Night. 

"Yeah, but it's Percy's ex-girlfriend's concert," Piper stated. 

I sighed before the car jerked again. 

"Oh my god, Thalia, can you stop driving like a maniac?" I asked slyly. Thalia simply shrugged before purposefully breaking the car. 

"I am an excellent driver, Annie. This road is just awful. Anyway, I've met Calypso many times, and she's very nice. Besides, Percy's and Calypso's breakup was mutual despite what the tabloids all say," Thalia explained. 

I nodded in agreement. Percy mentioned that Calypso was a nice girl, and she'd be willing to help. However, Percy wanted to request her help in person because that's the kind of standup guy that he was. 

"Still, it must be a little weird. Percy and Calypso are even going to be performing their old song at the concert," Piper said. 

"It's fine, Piper. Let's just stay focused and have a good time," I said firmly. 

"All right, girls, we're here," Thalia stated. 

Piper and I both looked outside. The venue was a large field with a stage. Cars were parked all around the perimeter of the stage. It looked like a pop-rock venue, which was so different from Calypso's usual concerts. 

According to the press, her label (Olympus Records) is making her perform here. She's actually in the middle of a tour, and this was an impromptu concert. They wanted Percy to perform with Calypso again, which is why they chose a nearby venue. 

Thalia parked before we got out. 

Music was blasting as people shuffled into the field. A band was playing on stage as a pre-performance before Calypso's concert. 

The crowd was tight. There were way too many people here, and I knew why. Many of Calypso's female fans were screaming for Percy. 

"Guys, we have VIP passes. Let's go backstage," Thalia shouted. 

I was praying that our plan would work tonight. The goal was to delete Atlas's leverage here at the venue. He'd be here to support his daughter, and the busy commotion would allow us to get into his laptop and phone. 

Meanwhile, after Percy's performance tonight, Jason and Percy would sneak off to Olympus Records to delete Zeus's photos. 

We had to delete Atlas's and Zeus's pictures on the same night. That would ensure that they wouldn't realize the deletion of evidence. As such, they wouldn't take extra precautions. 

According to Ms. Artemis, Atlas kept all of his dirty information on his laptop and phone. Zeus, however, had both physical pictures and digital copies. 

Percy and I were so grateful for Artemis's help. She was awesome. 

"Excuse me, ladies, you are not allowed back," a security guard stated. He was guarding the backstage entrance. 

It was so loud outside that I could barely hear his deep voice. 

"Sir, we have backstage VIP passes, and I am the daughter of Director Zeus Olympus," Thalia stated.