Chapter 14: The Betrayal

Annabeth POV

I simply laid in my bed. I couldn't sleep, but I couldn't feel my emotions either. Right now, I was feeling neutral about everything. This was worse than the last time Percy left me.

I sighed as I turned off the radio. I had no intention of listening to his music.

Then, a gentle knock resonated from my bedroom door. I groaned and flipped over on the bed. The covers wrapped around me while my head sunk into the pillow. I really didn't want to interact with anybody.

A silent click echoes through my darkened room as someone walked in.

"Hey, Annabeth, how are you doing?" Piper's voice asked softly.

I didn't respond to her. I wouldn't even know what to say. Piper's footsteps trailed through my room towards my windows. She opened my curtains to a gloomy day outside, similar to how I was feeling on the inside.

Still, a bit more light managed to enter the room.

"Annabeth, come on, get up. It's 10 am on a weekday," Piper said firmly. She sat next to me on the bed and pulled the covers off of my face. "How are you?"

"I don't know," I murmured.

Piper's expressions were grim as she sighed. I loved Piper because she was always on my side. She empathized more than any other person that I knew.

"Well, I came here to take you outside. We can go have some fun as a form of distraction. We can go to the mall," Piper said with an assuring smile.

I sat up and stared at my friend. While I appreciated her effort to make me feel better, I wasn't in the mood for anything.

"Piper, I just want to lay down," I said firmly.

I tried to grab the blanket from her grip, but she pulled back. She quickly took my arm and started pulling me up. However, Piper wasn't nearly as strong as Thalia.

"Come on, Annabeth, it'll be okay."

"Piper, you don't get it," I snapped as I retracted. "You've been with Jason for months now in a happy relationship. Percy had sex with me and called it quits."

My tone elevated with each word. However, I was more upset than I was angry.

"What does that tell you, Pipes? It tells me that he lied about his feelings just to get in my pants," I snapped.

Piper stayed silent, but I could see the thoughts in her eyes.

"Annabeth, you know that Percy isn't really like that. He's a good person, and he probably has an explanation," Piper said softly.

"How is any of this good? He doesn't love or care about me. You heard him loud and clear," I said firmly.

Piper sighed as he nodded. Her hands brushed her hair before taking my hand again. Her hand gently rubbed my skin to comfort me.

"I know that it hurts, Annabeth. You genuinely liked him. However, locking yourself up in your room and missing school isn't going to solve that," she said firmly. "So, come on, if you don't want to go shopping, at least come back to school."

I nodded before getting up.

I was in the same pajamas for the last two days, so I needed to change. It's been five days since Reyna's party, and I've been in my room for most of it.

Piper was sitting on the bed on her phone when I came out of my bathroom. I quickly got dressed and ready for school.

"Yeah, Pipes, I'm ready," I said firmly.