Chapter 26: The Ex-Convict

Annabeth POV

All of the equations and variables blurred in my line of sight. Despite my dyslexia, I preferred reading and history over math. Math was just an awful subject. Don't get me wrong, I was good at math, but that didn't mean that I had to like it. 

Suddenly, a knock reverberated through my bedroom.

However, it was coming from my closed window rather than my door. My eyes widened as I watched Percy balancing on the branch outside of my window. 

"Seaweed Brain, what are you doing?" I hissed as I opened the window.  

"I'm visiting you," Percy said with a smile. "Now, Wise Girl, can you open the window more?" he asked. 

"Percy, you should be at home," I said firmly. My body was blocking him from coming inside. He had clearly snuck out without his security. This was a huge risk. 

"Wise Girl, I'm literally about to shit my pants. Please let me in," Percy begged. 

I couldn't stop myself from smiling. Percy always managed to make me smile and laugh. I sighed as I opened the window more. Percy quickly scampered inside. His body landed on the ground with a loud thud. 

"Seaweed Brain, be quiet. You're going to wake Helen and the boys," I expressed. 

Percy groaned as he stood up. Then, he quickly wrapped his arms around my waist and passionately kissed me. I smiled into the sweet kiss.

It's been a few weeks since we started seeing each other in secret. As far as I knew, nobody knew about our relationship. That's what Percy wanted. 

"I thought you had to use the restroom," I whispered against his soft lips. 

"You're so hot," Percy moaned before kissing me again. "And, you're right, I really do have to use the restroom." 

Percy finally broke the kiss. I could see the lust in his eyes before he let go of me and ran towards my private bathroom. The door shut softly behind him. 

I laughed as I straightened my shirt. 

Percy acted like such a kid sometimes, but it was endearing and pure. I cleaned up my homework and desk before closing the window again. Finally, I sat down on my bed with a copy of Winnie Holzman's Wicked

I was auditioning for the school play. 

"Sorry about that, Wise Girl," Percy said as he came out of the bathroom. He walked over and settled down next to me. 

Percy's arm wrapped around my shoulder. I snuggled into him for warmth and comfort. I loved being in Percy's embrace. 

"Which role are you going for, Wise Girl?" he asked softly. His lips pressed against my cheek softly as his free hand took mine. His fingers trailed mine instinctively, and little sparks of ecstasy shot through me with every touch. 

"I'm thinking that Glina is a better role for me," I said earnestly. "Anyway, Percy, why the hell would you sneak out at 11 pm?" 

"I just wanted to see you, Wise Girl. Even though I see you all the time, we always have to pretend like we're only friends. I wanted to spend some time with you." 

Percy sighed. He pulled away from me and gently held my hands. His body was directly facing mine. 

"Annabeth, you deserve better. I hate that I'm making you lie to your friends, and I hate that we are a secret," Percy said. 

I reached up and touched his cheek. 

"Percy, I don't regret this one bit. I know that your label is putting you through a lot. It's okay. Also, we would've been a secret even without anyone forcing us to be. Isn't that how avoiding the paparazzi works?" I asked.