All in a Skirt

I deserve to be in this room as much as, if not more than all of you. If you have any issues, please refer to my lawyer.

After making the contract with my lawyer over the weekend, who was actually my dad's good friend, and also worked in his company, I went over to Austin's dad. In my last lifetime, he didn't let me work, even if I had to sit around all day, bored out of my mind. Austin took his dad seriously not because of respect but because of fear. Fear of what? Loosing money. Pathetic really.

His father made some really inexpensive yet smart and long term investments about this time which turned out to be very very successful. He belonged to a upper middle class family but due to his father's investments in tech and real estate, in the next 5 years, he will be one of the richest guys in New York City. Now, I also, when engaged to Austin, had suggested some investments to his dad, he never even glanced twice at me. He considered my opinion as dirt and stupid.

This was not it, Austin's dad's company was gaining attraction and investments. He was about to start living rich. His company has started going into profits and he has become cocky. In the next 5 years, he made rushed and poor investments, he lost a shit ton of money, just because he didn't listen to me. I believe this is how his father and Austin came up with the idea of the contract. Well, this is a karma moment, isn't?

I trusted Austin when signing the contract, and his dad will now, get too arrogant.

As I entered his building, my lawyer and a cop in tow, everyone shot up to look at me. I would have been nervous, but now, I'm just confident. I am right and I am about to play him, legally this time. I went up to the reception and asked for the CEO. Apparently, he was expecting me. My lawyer really is good.

The doors opened, and I entered a modest yet rich looking office. I have been here before, for different reasons of course. Behind the desk sat a man in his yearly 40's. All I can say is, I know where Austin got his looks from.

"Hello Mr. Smith. My name is Alessia Louise Cassidy, and your son has assaulted and harassed me on the 15th of September, I am sure my lawyer, Mr. Corden here, has explained the situation to you or your lawyer. Am I correct?"

"Well hello to you to young lady. Gentlemen, why dont we all have a seat and discuss what to do next. Alessia, you can go sit outside, someone will be there to assist you" He said in a dismissing tone and waved me off.

"Excuse me sir, I am here to do exactly what you mentioned. For the same purpose, I have some conditions I would like you to agree upon. If not, I can file a police case right about now. Your son is 16 therefore, under the regulations of the York state, he will have to go to a juvenile centre for approximately 1.5 years. Mr. Corden please explain the laws further."

"Yes miss, Under section 16 clause (b), also referenced by Jacob Mahogany Vs. State (1986) your ward Austin Smith will be detained for 1.5 years to 2 years given the circumstances and proof, which, as I discussed with your lawyer earlier, was actually recorded and broadcasted by Mr. Austin by his own free will."

"Mr. Oliver, can you please explain what we are doing here? I have AP Computer science in an hour and a half. I have things to do."

"Yes of course. We are here today to make an out of court settlement. An out-of-court settlement occurs when the two parties make an agreement on any claim without having a judge come to a decision in the case. In case the parties are unable to come to any one compromise, the case will have to be officially filed and presented in court."

"Mr. Smith (Austin's dad), I deserve to be in this room as much as, if not more than all of you. If you have any issues, please refer to my lawyer."