The meeting

I'm so freaking sorry I swear I did think of leaving the story since I couldn't find inspiration for the plot, BUT YALL GAVE THE STORY 10K READS AND I CAN'T LEAVE ALL OF YOU HANGING. Also, Wattpad is being a bitch on its site.

Aidan's POV

It has been a week since seeing Alessia in her villa. I've visited her house ever since. Every day I stand there in front of her house, but I never get the guts to go in or talk to her. I mean what will I tell her?

I'm sorry?

I should have talked?

I shouldn't have ignored your existence for the last 2 years?

I'm sorry but I was scared for your safety?

For my family's safety?

What can a man in my situation tell the love of his life? I'm sorry is just not enough.

I still had to find the associates of the Italian and Irish mafia. Only those people would help me. At least I hope they would.

Despite everything going on between me and Alessia and the mafia, I could not, I will not ignore my company. The fact that I had come to America was to expand my hotel chain. But just opening the hotels was not something I wanted I do. The plan was to collaborate with Novus. Their technology is stupid good. Like the best of the best and the hotels I want to open in America will be the most luxurious my chain has ever seen and Novus can help me with that. I was thinking of an AI working at the reception, obviously, a couple of managers too, for human interaction and shit, but making the hotel into an AI-run establishment will not only accommodate the growth of the hotel but make it a tourist attraction which, is always good. This, as one can imagine, is a huge deal, possibly the biggest in my hotels' history. Novus, as I've heard and can assume, has had bigger deals, especially with the government. I am honestly, so so happy for Alessia. I love her too much to be jealous of her. I would gladly lose everything I have to make sure she is happy, all in a heartbeat. Just for her.

I asked my assistant to book an appointment with Novus, and apparently, the call was directly taken to Alessia's PA. It made me smile, she knew I'd call her sometime. I have a meeting with her, around 11 today, it's 7 am and I'm at a cafe, just in front of her office. I got lilies and roses for her. A little note too. Nerves got the best of me, and I honestly didn't want to be late, not for a job this risky and high level. To be fair, I just didn't wanna be late for anything that concerns her. It was a one of a lifetime? Opportunity. I looked around the cafe for a little while, and I felt- odd. As if someone was staring at me. It was not uncommon for the paparazzi to be on my tail 24/7 in Europe, and most of the time, I could hold them back. But here? It was weird for anyone to be following me because according to my security and PR, the media was unaware of my presence in America, and I wanted it to be that way till the deal with Novus was finalised. Oh, how the paps will chew me alive then. I wish by that time, Alessia and I would at least be on speaking terms. I miss her. I miss her so badly, I almost cried when I saw her entering the office.

I was entranced, completely still when I looked at her. It was a matter of seconds really, her driver opened her car door, she stepped out and went into the office. Everyone looked twice at her, her employees, the people there. Most of them now knew she was the CEO. I and Allan have had a couple of talks, wherein, he mostly just threatened to stab me if I ever made Alessia cry again. I'm not even gonna try to hide the fact that he scared the shit outta me.

My heart physically hurt when he told me about her month-long isolation. I got the first message around that time and honestly, I was scared. I mean one wrong move and they could potentially kill off my family, my life. I guess every powerful man does have a weakness.