Owning

THE BIG TIME JUMP IS HERE YA'LL!! 

LEMME CATCH YOU UP REAL QUICK. WE'LL START THE ACTUAL STORY FROM THE NEXT CHAPTER BUT THIS CHAPTER IS IMPORTANT TOO. 

*Time skip*

6 years later

It's been a long time since I've felt genuinely free. Yes I am happy, I am content. I am living my best life. I am 23, and the youngest billionaire in the world. Just after me is the love of my life, but we've not seen each other in 4 years. We haven't talked to each other in 2.

I graduated from Stanford university a year before I was meant to, I had enough credits from high school and I took the most classes I could, each semester. I didn't opt for internships since I spent that time working on my own company. I launched my company at 17, when I graduated high school, and its been 6 years. 6 years since I've been running 'Novus'. It was a simple name. It meant 'new' in latin. A new beginning, a new start.

Certainly, I did very well at what I was supposed to do. I moved to California at the ripe age of 17 for college and right after college I moved to silicon valley, for obvious reasons.

I made everything by myself. My company, owns everything.

I invested in real estate from the knowledge of my last lifetime, I might have cheated a bit, but honestly? I dont care. My company makes the best everything. Everything which can be digital, we make it. We make phones, computers, tablets, cars, watches, appliances, even AI programs and sell them. Personalised AI programs for the elite make the best profit. All of them want the best.

We are the best.

Not only that, the government partnered with us a couple years ago and most of the schools in major cities now have the best devices for their students. We make security cameras facial recognition and spying devices for the government. From the FBI to CIA to the police, everyone uses Novus.

I am richer than my family's generational company, which had been established decades ago. I, alone have a greater net worth than that of that company. I own Cassidy corp as well, though I barely ever manage it. I couldn't give the company to just anyone, so I gave it to my best friend.

Jason was studying business at Stanford and right after he graduated, I offered him the position of CEO at Cassidy corp. He does not own the company though he is the face and head. He's good at what he does. I trust him with my life, Cassidy corp was nothing. He works closely with me, though I barely ever interfere in the company.

Isabella is also working in Cassidy corp, as the head lawyer, though she did advice for Novus. Her strong personality and braveness, made her one of the best lawyers in the world.

Stella works under me. She is the head psychologist at the AI department. Although she studied child psychology for a year or so, she realised that she wanted to do something in AI, and therefore, she did her masters in Cognitive psychology. Obviously, she didn't have to wait for a good placement. The day after her graduation she had a job offer ready. I did not expect that from her, leaving child psychology, but I did not mind. I was looking for a good psychologist anyways.

Oh, by the way, all of us lived together, in a villa, really, in Silicon valley itself.

Today, 29 May, Ashling is coming to stay with us. Every summer, she stays with us, and then goes back to NYC to complete the school year with her parents. I had asked her to stay with me full time, multiple time. But she wants to spend as much time as she can with Sean and Maria. She's a good kid. Every single birthday of hers, everyone comes to California to celebrate it, which is on 27 July. So her and mine parents come, we celebrate for a week or so, and then she leaves with them. We had a system. Obviously, I was a little nervous, since it's her 16th birthday this year.