chapter 1

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

The man looked around in a daze

The man looked around in a daze. He was here, in the scene he was witnessing. He looked down to see his hands, which were no longer transparent. He could feel his clenched fists, and when he looked up, the door opened.

It was the boy, Liu Qiao, covered in bandages and bruises. His small face remained still, almost stiff, as he looked at him.

Liu Qiao felt his hands tremble as he saw his husband, Cheng Tao, watching him like a hawk. His face paled, was he not satisfied last night?

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Bowing his head with scared tears in his eyes, Liu Qiao kept apologizing.

But his husband said nothing and kept his eyes on him. Liu Qiao felt himself shudder. He felt cold with fright as he trembled his way up to him, placed the food next to him and went back to sitting on the floor.

The man looked down at the food. The breakfast felt like a peace offering of the sort. He sighed then got up, making Liu flinch when he saw the man stand. Cheng Tao brushed his hand through his hair and breathed.

"G-good morning!"

He quickly turned, which startled Liu Qiao. The man walked towards him. Liu Qiao covered himself, preparing for the impact. The man grabbed him by his arm carefully, making him stand up to his chest, then he sat back on the bed.

Liu Qiao didn't know what was going on, but he was scared. His heart beated slowly yet powerfully, its beat echoing in his ears. Liu Qiao could look towards his husband, who gently held his chin and examined his bruise.

"Good morning," he said gently.

Liu Qiao was startled by the delicateness of his voice.

"Have you eaten yet?"

"H-huh?" gentle

"Have you eaten yet?" His voice was stern and cold, but there was a tint of beautiful soft patience inside it.

"Y-your breakfast is there-" he stuttered.

"That's not what I asked."

Liu Qiao flinched at the roughness of his tone. Cheng Tao relaxed, closed his eyes and sighed, leaning on his shoulder.

"Eat. I'm not hungry." 

Cheng Tao carefully got up to not scare Liu. He stared at him and asked him to get up. Upon thinking that Cheng Tao was angry, Liu Qiao got up and held his wrist.

"I'm sorry! I will make something else. Just give me some time," Liu Qiao begged.

"Don't bother. Just eat. I'm not hungry," Cheng Tao said.

Cheng Tao walked out of the room and entered the bathroom.

Liu Qiao's lips quivered as he touched his lips, wondering what to do now. He should remake breakfast for Cheng Tao. Deciding that, he got up to pick up the tray but stopped after seeing the bloody bed sheets. His feet felt cold, and his face paled, wondering if he'll be able to change the sheets in time. Which one should he do first? The sheets or the breakfast.

Liu Qiao's head felt muddleheaded. His body shuddered at his indecisiveness. His feet felt stuck to the floor as he alternately stared at the two things. He felt stuck between making two decisions: breakfast or bed.

He gently rested the breakfast down and went for the sheets, but Cheng Tao stepped in. His heart again began to beat frantically. He had wasted too much time.

Cheng Tao glanced at the sheets covered with blood, then at breakfast. He saw that Liu Qiao was trying to remove the sheets.

"Leave it for later. You just eat," he said.

Cheng Tao went to the closet for his suit. Liu Qiao walked up to him.

"Um... your suit is on the left."

Cheng Tao went to the left and took his suit.

"Eat. It's already cold," Cheng Tao repeated.

Liu Qiao was nervous, but instead of saying anything, he went for breakfast. He watched Cheng Tao as he got fully dressed.

"Should I see you off?"

"No, just eat," he said.  

Cheng Tao picked up his suitcase and approached Liu Qiao, who flinched at his approaching figure. He stopped, then kneed in front of him.

He opened his mouth and gently said,

"Liu Qiao, I'm sorry. Can you ever forgive me?"

 Can you ever forgive me?"

Cheng  Tao