Chapter 48

It was the middle of the night, the rain was falling heavily, there was thunder and lightning. Cheng Tao, who was sleeping on the sofa in the main bedroom, could hear muffins.

"Mrgh! Mgh! Ah!"

Liu Qiao shuffled his hand, he swayed them back and forth as if struggling. 

"No! Please! I'm not ready! I'm sorry!! Please don't hurt me!!" 

Cheng Tao got up, he looked at Liu Qiao who was fighting for his life within his slumber. Cheng Tao sat at the hegde of the bed looking at Liu Qiao who was screaming in his sleep.

This happens every now and then, times when Liu Qiao would struggle and fight having recurring dreams of his days with the previous Cheng Tao and sometimes the day Liu Qiao finally gave up on life. Right now living is the most painful thing for Liu Qiao but he cannot take his life, what if in doing so he sent him back to repeating the same hell he's been through.

All they can do now is push forward and navigate a path to happiness, even if that path is narrow and thorny. 

"Liu Qiao, calm down. You are only dreaming" 

Cheng Tao gently rubs his leg as he speaks in a soft calm soothing tone. "It's not real, you are dreaming" 

Liu Qiao struggled heavily, "please! I'll do it right, I'll do it right!" 

"Calm down, breathe slowly" Cheng Tao inhales loudly.

Liu Qiao inhales, then exhales at the same time as Cheng Tao, Cheng Tao was speaking softly comforting him as he gently took him in his arms. Slowly as he stopped struggling, this went on for about ten minutes until he finally calmed down, Cheng Tao rocking him as slowly relaxed. 

Cheng Tao remained still looking at Liu Qiao's face, he brushed aside the messy bangs that were covering his face. Liu Qiao's hair had already reached his neck, his face was soft but skinny which was shown by the very visible jaw bone. His eyes seemed tired even though most of the day consisted of him sleeping, his colour was pale as a fresh corpse.   

Could he consider Liu Qiao's state, living?

Cheng Tao didn't know but he could keep trying. That's all he could do, keep trying, never giving up.

After the sun rose and the next day came, Cheng Tao prepared a bath for Liu Qiao after having Li Hui placed in front the TV and some toys. A nanny was here to watch her, since Cheng Tao was sitting on the edge bathtub with Liu Qiao inside.

Liu Qiao looked in the water, Cheng Tao used the shower pipes to wash his hair. The only sound in the room was the water beating against his delicate skin.

He could see the evidence of the abuse Liu Qiao survived and he wishes he could erase the pain of his. After bathing Liu Qiao he took him out of the bath, wrapping him with a large towel, carrying him inside his arms.

After carrying him to the bedroom, he gently took another towel drying Liu Qiao's hair. He starts humming for him, he needs to have Liu Qiao relax, he needs to know he is safe.

Liu Qiao pupils look up in the mirror seeing his own miserable face, never would he have thought that he'd see Cheng Tao taking care of him.

After dressing him, once again he took him for a walk by the sea side, Cheng Tao believes this helps improve mood. There was not much communication between the two and Liu Qiao would not even say two syllabus to him, but understanding enough Cheng Tao understands.

He was the inheritor of an abusive husband and so he will take the blame, seeing a small starfish washes up at his feet. Liu Qiao stoops down and picks it up. He looks at it feeling the rough texture Cheng Tao observes him watching as Liu Qiao throws the starfish back into the water.

He watched the slash come, he could hear the seagulls flying around in the sky. The clouds where grey covering the sky with this gloomy aura.

"It seems like it's time to return,"

"......" 

They both look in into each other's eyes, the cool breeze brushing through Liu Qiao's lengthy soft brown hair, his eyes dull, lifeless and defeated, it was so deflated that even the coldest person in the world could break down.

In contrast to Liu Qiao's deflated eyes, Cheng Tao eyes was filled with nothing but sympathy and pain for the other. An sorrow that was not shown and hope for him, the eyes that held not emotion as he kicked the life he was carrying out his stomach, the unhinged eyes that chokes and violates him each night as he cried out in pain was now looking at him with such misery.

Liu Qiao raises his hand slowly, he stretches forward to touch him but pauses. He retract the hand causing it to fall back at his side, he can't the more he tries to look for him the more he walks right back into pain and agony.

 He retract the hand causing it to fall back at his side, he can't the more he tries to look for him the more he walks right back into pain and agony