chapter 43

His good rival, what happened that made him so beat up. There was this man next to him, who was he? 

"What happened?! Who made my rival like this? Did you call the police?" He asked panicking

The poor young man, what happened. Liu Qiao opened his eyes slowly to see Chao Niu and tears welled in his eyes. Chao Niu was cautious of Liam; he too should have been so. He wasn't and he paid the consequences, he tried to reach for Chao Niu. He was sorry he couldn't be the rival Chao Niu wanted.

"I… I…. I" 

Liu Qiao's throat was busted from his yelling so it was hard for him to talk, Chao Niu immediately sat beside him and held his hand but paused seeing his two fingers were broken. "Don't talk, rest, rest, good rival. Rest you need to rest" his voice was jittery but sincere as he expressed the worry in his voice.

Cheng Tao observed this person, head and toe none of his actions seems insincere. But he did not say anything. 

Chao Niu looked at Cheng Tao, "it's none of my business but what happened?" 

He knows it is bad to pry into people's business but there was no way he could turn a blind eye to this. 

Cheng Tao sighed, "I rather not say" looking at Liu Qiao 

Chao Niu looked at his rival, how could he be so inconsiderate. Of course, not in front of Liu Qiao. experiencing was bad enough already but remembering! He nods, still holding on to Liu Qiao's hand. 

He then went to the bag he carried to take out food, a comfort pillow, extra blankets and a few good written books. He looked at Liu Qiao.

"Ah, want a pillow? To heighten you back it's very comfortable" 

Liu Qiao shook his head, his back hurt too much already, "do you want blankets, something to eat?" 

Liu Qiao shook his head, he wanted nothing, he just wanted to die, that's all. Chao Niu felt hopeless but he didn't give up. "Here are some good books, I can read them for you but I only have about an hour since I have to return to work. I wonder if visiting time will still be available once I pick up my son. He misses you and Lihui, uh by the way where is she?" 

Liu Qiao didn't know and he couldn't ask even if he wanted to so his eyes turned scaredly at Cheng Tao who was observing the whole scene.

"She is fine, she is in the nursing area," Cheng Tao said.

"Ah! Is she okay! She was such a small child" 

"She is fine" was all that he said before getting up.

Liu Qiao flinched making Chao Niu suspicious, this man who was he?

"I'm leaving" 

But before he could go Liu Qiao dragged from his hand and latched on to Cheng Tao, he looked at him but the fear in Liu Qiao eyes were clear. This was done fearfully and somewhat instinctively. 

"You're scared I know, I know" he said coldly.

Chao Niu looks up, "Mr. I don't know you but speaking like that doesn't make it any better. How about showing you know and feel it?"

Cheng Tao looked at him, how? How does he do that?

Remember back to his childhood as Wang Xi he never knew how to fully process his emotions as an individual. He can remember being scared will not help the victims.

"Wang Xi, please go bring your father breakfast" 

"But dad's s-scary" Wang Xi looked down 

"Please Wang Xi, do this for mommy just this once okay? I need you to be mommy's strong boy okay? Then we will be okay, Okay?" 

Wang Xi was in fact scared but in order to help his mom he must be fine he has to be fine, when she cried on his shoulder after getting severely beaten by his father, fine when he got beaten and raped by his father and especially fine when she couldn't take anymore and ended himself. He was fine, he is fine. So how should he show it to Liu Qiao that he knows he is in pain?