chapter 7

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Ying Ye was dumbfounded

'Did he just say good evening?'

Ying Ye couldn't believe his ears. He looked at Liu, who had the same shocked expression, and quickly snapped out of it.

"Ah!? Ying ye don't be rude," Liu Qiao said.

"Um yes, right, g-good evening," Ying ye stuttered.

Cheng Tao said nothing more and went off to his room.

There was no way that was Cheng Tao! He seemed too calm and refined to be him, but he couldn't deny he was not Cheng Tao; it was weird.

"Ying ye, please don't upset Cheng. He has changed, so please don't be rude to him," Liu Qiao pleaded.

"I don't believe that. If he really changed, why haven't you left the house?" Ying Ye asked in disbelief.

Liu Qiao was about to say something, but Cheng Tao came with something and entered the kitchen. After some time, Cheng Tao came out with wine and a glass.

"You're not going to eat?"

"No, I'm not hungry."

Ying ye saw that Liu Qiao was a bit sad, so he wanted to say something. But Cheng Tao's phone rang, and he left the room to answer it.

"Liu Qiao, you should leave."  

"Are you hungry? I'll go get some food." Liu Qiao smiled.

Ying Ye didn't understand why Liu Qiao was reluctant to leave, even when Cheng Tao changed.

Ying Ye went upstairs to look for Cheng Tao, smoking and drinking wine on the balcony.

"Cheng Tao, you should leave Liu Qiao. He might not say it, but you're hurting him deeply," Ying Ye said, trying to reason with Cheng Tao.

Cheng Tao breathed out the smoke and stared at Ying Ye silently, then spoke,

"I'm going to say this to you 'Ying ye,' Liu Qiao is not an object but a living, breathing human being," he said.

Ying Ye was puzzled by the man's unreasonable words. Aren't these the words he should be saying to him? Why was the man saying it to him?

"Right now, do you realize that you are disrespectful to Liu Qiao? He is an independent human being, who doesn't need anyone to make decisions for him," Cheng Tao said.

"What?"

"Did you think you are doing Liu Qiao a favour by telling me to leave him?" Cheng Tao asked, crushing the cigarette on the railing.

People like them were the ones that Cheng Tao didn't particularly hate, but he didn't like them either. To Cheng Tao, people like Ying Ye are hypocrites trying to act all righteous and great. He knew very well that these people caused more damage than good.

"Of course not! Liu Qiao is just afraid to speak up to you!"

"And does that justify your reason to come to me and tell me to leave him? Why didn't you tell me when all of us were in one room?" Cheng Tao lifted a brow and continued,

"Was it because of fear? Or because he simply didn't want to? Ying ye, you truly violated his decision as a human being."

Ying Ye clenched his fist angrily. What was he talking about? Wasn't he the one who treated Liu Qiao like shit for the past five years? Who was he to talk about these things?

"Ah, you must be thinking I'm no better, of course not. But I'm the perfect one to point that out since I'm the abuser, right? You just said on behalf of Liu Qiao, but he didn't agree, did he?. You clearly didn't respect his decision." Cheng Tao said, his voice hoarse from smoking. Lifting a glass of wine, he took a sip from it.

If this was the original Cheng Tao, Liu Qiao would already be receiving a punch in the mouth or a slap in the face. Ying Ye clearly knew Cheng Tao's personality and power, yet he dared to do something like this.

 Ying Ye clearly knew Cheng Tao's personality and power, yet he dared to do something like this