chapter 11

Editor: C_H_I_N_K_U

Cheng Tao set out the table for the two as Liu Qiao sat

Cheng Tao set out the table for the two as Liu Qiao sat. It was weird being the one who was served and not doing serving.

"After dinner, we could watch a movie,"

"Together?"

"Yes, I know I've been busy," he said.

Liu Qiao didn't mind since Cheng Tao was considerate of him these days, but anxiety was killing him. He wondered if this was real or a dream he drowned himself in, and even if it was real,  was it temporary.

Cheng Tao ate the food. Liu Qiao looked much better than before, but he couldn't help but feel something was off with him.

"How did your day go?"

Liu Qiao smiled.

"It was great, everyone had fun. It reminded me of the times I sang karaoke in high school. I didn't get allowances from my stepfamily, but you gave me money that one time and you'd sit in the corner and watch me sing," he smiled and continued, "that day was one of the many fun days I had with you."

Tears suddenly streamed down Liu Qiao's face as he smiled. He didn't know why but those memories felt sad for some reason and not like the times when Cheng Tao used to beat him, and he'd look back sad.

It was the type of sadness you get when remembering someone deceased. Cheng Tao felt dead even though he was right here in front of him.

Back in high school, Cheng Tao was a decent guy until near the end of high school, till his life started changing. Liu was the perfect target, not because he used to have a crush on him but because Liu Qiao was that easy to control. Cheng Tao was a manipulator.

"You had a lovely voice then too," Cheng Tao said.

Cheng Tao ate his food along with Liu Qiao. Liu Qiao's parents died when he was 13. He dropped out of school at 15. Liu lived with his uncle's family, slaving there for three years.

Cheng Tao knew this about him and tricked Liu Qiao into empty salvation. He coaxed him then got married quickly. It was then when Liu Qiao's life turned more of a living hell than it already was.

Cheng Tao could already guess that Liu Qiao had already begged and pleaded with his uncle's family. They turned a blind eye to Liu Qiao's suffering because they were parasites and loved money.

Cheng Tao had found various texts, calls and messages for help, and he got angry and slapped and then beat the shit out of him. Liu Qiao had no peace in life, and Cheng Tao would change that.

"I'm going on a week-long trip on Monday," he said.