Something Wicked [4]

"We should have thought of this before." Sam said as Dean threw off his jacket "A doctor's a perfect disguise. You're trusted, you can control the whole thing,"

"That son of a bitch," Dean muttered angrily.

"I'm surprised you didn't draw on him right there,"

"Yeah well, first of all, I'm not going to open fire in a freakin' pediatrics ward,"

Sam looked over at Natalia and nodded "Good call,"

"Second, wouldn't have done any good, because the bastard's bulletproof unless he's chowing down on something. And third, I wasn't packing, which is probably a really good thing cause I probably would have just burned a clip in him on principle alone,"

"You're getting wise in your old age Dean," Sam teased.

"Damn right." Dean nodded "Cause now I know how we're going to get it,"

Sam noticed Dean look over at Natalia and shook his head "No, no way,"

"Well according to Michael's mom, he's gonna be with a friend so he won't be alone,"

"You were gonna use a kid as bait?! And not just any kid, my kid?! No! Forget it. That's out of the question,"

"It's not out of the question Sam it's the only way. If this thing disappears it could be years before we get another chance,"

"Natalia's a kid. And I'm not going to dangle her in front of that thing like a worm on a hook,"

"Dad did not send me here to walk away,"

"Send YOU here? He didn't send you here...he sent us here,"

"This isn't about you, Sam. I'm the one who screwed up, all right. It's my fault. There's no telling how many kids have gotten hurt because of me,"

"What are you saying, Dean? How is it your fault?"

Dean didn't respond.

"Dean. You've been hiding something from the get-go. Since when does Dad bail on a hunt? Since when does he let something getaway? Now talk to me, man. Tell me what's going on,"

Dean sighed "Fort Douglas, Wisconsin. It was our third night in this crap room and I was climbing the walls." He shook his head "Man, I needed to get some air. Dad just...grabbed us and booked. Dropped us off at Pastor Jim's about three hours away, but by the time he got back to Fort Douglas the shtriga had disappeared, it was just gone. It never surfaced until now. You know, Dad never spoke about it again, I didn't ask. But he...ah...he looked at me differently, you know? Which was worse. Not that I blame him. He gave me an order and I didn't listen, I almost got you killed,"

"You were just a kid," Sam said softly.

"Don't." Dean said shaking his head even more "Don't. Dad knew this was unfinished business for me. He sent me here to finish it,"

"But using Tali..." Sam sighed as he watched his daughter "I don't know Dean. I mean, how 'bout one of us hides under the covers, you know, we'll be the bait,"

"No, it won't work. It's gotta get close enough to feed...it'll see us. Believe me, I don't like it, but it's gotta be Nat,"

"Daddy,"

Sam looked down to see Natalia by his legs.

"I help," Natalia said.

"Tali, you don't even know what we're talking about," Sam sighed.

Natalia slammed her foot down in a hissy fit "I. Help!"

Dean looked over at Sam and shrugged "Well there we have it,"