Dead in the Water [4]

Sam, Dean, and Natalia arrived at Andrea's house. "Are you sure about this? It's pretty late, man,"

Dean rang the doorbell. At that moment, Lucas opened the door, desperately afraid. "Lucas? Lucas!"

Lucas took off. 

Natalia followed after him.

"Natalia!" Sam shouted following the kids into the hallway where water was pouring out from under the bathroom door and down the stairs. 

Lucas started pounding on the bathroom door again. 

Natalia whimpered as Dean pushed them over to Sam and kicked in the door. 

Lucas grabbed Dean, so Sam ran into the bathroom and stuck his arms in the tub, trying to pull Andrea out. 

Andrea was pulled back under, but Sam kept pulling until Andrea was all the way out. Andrea started coughing up water.

***

Dawn was breaking. Sam and Andrea sat in the living room. 

Andrea was dry and wearing comfortable clothing.

"Can you tell me?" Sam asked

"No," Andrea replied.

Dean was looking through notebooks on bookshelves.

"It doesn't make any sense." Andrea started crying "I'm going crazy," she put her face in her hands.

"No, you're not. Tell me what happened. Everything," Sam said

"I heard...I thought I heard...there was this voice,"

"What did it say?"

"It said...it said 'come play with me'." Andrea sobbed "What's happening?"

Dean pulled out a scrapbook that said 'Jake-12 years old' and opened it, flipping pages. He closed it again and went ot Sam and Andrea; he put the book down in front of Andrea, open to a picture of Explorer Troop 37. "Do you recognize the kids in these pictures?"

"What? Um, um, no. I mean, except that's my dad right there. He must have been about twelve in these pictures," Andrea moved her finger over to another picture of Jake as a child; he was standing next to Peter. Dean looked at Sam.

"Chris Barr's drowning. The connection wasn't to Bill Carlton," Dean reasoned "It must have been to the Sheriff,"

"Bill and the sheriff-they were both involved with Peter," Sam noted

"What about Chris?" Andrea asked, "My dad-what are you talking about?"

Natalia looked sideways. "Lucas?"

Lucas was staring out the window.

"Lucas, what is it?" Dean asked

Lucas opened the door and walked outside with Natalia. Everyone followed.

"Lucas, honey?" Andrea asked

Lucas and Natalia stopped and looked at the ground, then at Dean.

Sam picked up Natalia and handed her to Andrea. "You, Lucas, and Natalia get back to the house and stay there, okay?"

Andrea took a hold of Natalia and pulled Lucas back to the house. 

Dean and Sam fetched shovels from the Impala, before they started digging. 

Sam's shovel clanked against something. They dug with their hands and pulled out a red bicycle. "Peter's bike," Sam said

"Who are you?" Jake asked