Skin

Sam and Dean pull into a gas station.

"Alright, I figure we'd hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight," Dean explained. 

Sam didn't respond. 

Dean looked back at Natalia "Hey Nat, did you know your dad wear's women's underwear,"

"I've been listenin'," Sam argued as his daughter burst into giggles. "I'm just busy," Sam was checking e-mails on his PalmPilot.

"Busy doin' what?"

"Reading e-mails," Sam said as Dean got out of the car and started to fill the tank with gas.

"E-mails from who?"

"From my friends at Stanford,"

"You're kidding. You still keep in touch with your college buddies?"

"Why not?"

"Well, what exactly do you tell 'em? You know, about where you've been, what you've been doin'?"

"I tell 'em I'm on a road trip with my daughter and big brother. I tell 'em I needed some time off after Jess,"

"Oh, so you lie to 'em,"

"No, I just don't tell 'em...everything,"

"Yeah, that's called lying. I mean, hey, man, I get it, tellin' the truth is far worse,"

"So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life?" Sam asked. Dean shrugged in response "You're serious?"

"Look, it sucks, but in a job like this, you can't get close to people, period," Dean said

"You're kind of anti-social, you know that?"

"Yeah, whatever," Dean said.

Sam continued to read his e-mails. "God..."

"What?" Dean asked as Sam got out of the car, closing the door so Natalia couldn't hear

"In this e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine," Sam explained

"Is she hot?" Dean asked

Sam ignored him "I went to school with her, and her brother, Zack. She says Zack's been charged with murder. He's been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn't do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case,"

"Dude, what kind of people are you hangin' out with?" Dean asked

"No, man, I know Zack. He's no killer,"

"Well, maybe you know Zack as well as he knows you,"

"They're in St. Louis. We're goin',"

Dean chuckled "Look, sorry 'bout your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem,"

"It is our problem. They're my friends," Sam argued

"St. Louis is four hundred miles behind us, Sam,"

***

Rebecca opened the door and saw Sam, Dean, and Natalia. "Oh my God, Sam!" Rebecca exclaimed happily.

"Well, if it isn't little Becky," Sam said

"You know what you can do with that little Becky crap," Rebecca smiled and they hugged

"I got your e-mail,"

"I didn't think that you would come here,"

Dean stepped forward and extended his hand "Dean. Older brother,"