Faith

Sam and Dean parked and opened the trunk.

Dean removed two tasers.

"What do you got those amped up to?" Sam asked

"A hundred thousand volts," Dean replied

"Damn,"

"Yeah, I want this Rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count,"

Sam and Dean moved down basement stairs with guns and flashlights. Hearing a noise, they moved toward a cupboard.

"On three." Dean whispered "One. Two. Three," he swung open the door, a young boy and girl were crouched inside, covering their ears.

"Is it still here?" Sam whispered

The children nodded.

"Ok. Grab your sister's hand, come on, we gotta get you out of here. Let's go, let's go," Dean ordered

They moved towards the stairs.

"Alright, go!"

Sam started to take the children upstairs, a hand grabbed his legs, knocking him back down.

The children screamed and ran to the top of the stairs.

"Sam!" Dean shot the taser but missed it. "Sam, get 'em outta here!"

Sam threw his taser to Dean "Here take this!" he ran up the stairs and moved the children out of sight

Dean moved around the basement on high alert, shining his torch into corners "Come on!"

A ragged, hairy creature leaped up and shoved Dean backward.

Dean lost his weapons and flashlight as he fell. He glanced around, scrambling across puddles of water to grab the taser and releasing it toward the creature as it moved toward him, electrocuting him. Electricity moved from the creature through the water lying on the ground to Dean.

They both shook and twitched, the creature fell, Dean losing consciousness.

Sam ran down the stairs and saw Dean in the corner, unmoving. "Dean!" he ran over and half lifted Dean, holding his face "Dean, hey. Hey,"

***

Sam stood at the desk with a receptionist as he bounced Natalia around to get her to fall back asleep, the three old being a wreck ever since Sam had brought his brother into the hospital.

"Sir, I'm sorry to ask. There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file," The Receptionist apologized

"Right. Uh, ok," Sam removed a card from his wallet and handed it to Receptionist.

The Receptionist glanced at the card "Ok, Mr. Burkovitz,"

Sam saw two cops waiting and walked over.

"Look, we can finish this later," The cop said as he noticed the tired three-year-old.

"No, no, it's okay. We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood. And, um, the windows were rolled down, we heard some screaming when we drove past the house, and we stopped. Ran in,"

"And you found the kids in the basement?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, thank God you did,"

Sam saw a doctor walking towards them. Sam looked back to the cops "Just would have done what I would have done if it was my daughter. Excuse me,"

"Sure. Thanks for your help,"

Sam turned his attention to the Doctor "Hey, Doc. Is he..."

"He's resting," the Doctor reported

"And?"

"The electrocution triggered a heart attack. Pretty massive, I'm afraid. His heart...it's damaged,"

"How damaged?"

"We've done all we can. We can try and keep him comfortable at this point. But, I'd give him a couple of weeks, at most, maybe a month,"

"No, no. There's, there's...gotta be something you can do, some kind of treatment,"

"We can't work miracles. I really am sorry,"

Sam walked away, looking upset. He entered Dean's hospital room where Dean was watching TV.

Dean was pale and had dark circles under his eyes. "Have you ever actually watched daytime TV? It's terrible,"

"Rooby Roo?" Natalia questioned

Dean smiled over at his niece as Sam handed her over to him. "Sorry squirt, I checked..."

The three-year-old pouted, causing Dean to laugh lightly.

Sam shook his head and sighed "I talked to your doctor,"

"That fabric softener teddy bear. Oh, I'm gonna hunt that thing down,"

"Dean,"

Dean looked up "Yeah. All right, well, it looks like you're gonna leave town without me," the statement was enough to cause the blonde three old to whip her head around.

"What are you talking about? I'm not gonna leave you here,"

"Hey, you better take care of that car. Or, I swear, I'll haunt your ass,"

"I don't think that's funny,"

"Oh, come on, it's a little funny,"

There was a long silence, Sam looked down, fighting tears.

Natalia looked up at her father in worry.

Dean sighed "Look, Sammy, what can I say, man, it's a dangerous gig. I drew the short straw. That's it, end of story,"

"Don't talk like that, alright?" Sam demanded "We still have options,"

"What options? Yeah, burial or cremation. And I know it's not easy. But I'm gonna die. And you can't stop it,"

"Watch me,"