Wendigo

Sam jerked awake. It was November 10, 2005, he was riding shotgun next to Dean, Foreigner's Hot-Blooded was playing. Sam blinked and rubbed his eyes. 

Dean looked over, concerned "You okay?" he asked

Sam glanced over and away. "Yeah, I'm fine,"

Dean nodded "Another nightmare?"

Sam cleared his throat and turned down the music "Come on man, there's a three-year-old in the car,"

Dean only chuckled as he looked through the rearview mirror at Natalia sitting in her car seat "Gotta start when their young...right Nat?" 

Natalia giggled and clapped her hands. 

Sam shook his head 

"You wanna drive for a while?" Dean questioned

Sam laughed "Dean, your whole life you never once asked me that,"

"Just thought you might want to. Never mind,"

"Look, man, you're worried about me. I get it and thank you, but I'm perfectly okay,"

"Mm-hm,"

Sam grabbed a map "All right, where are we?"

"We are just outside of Grand Junction,"

Sam folded down the map, which was of Colorado and had a large red X labeled 35-111. "You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford soon,"

"Sam, we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing. If you wanna find the thing that..." Dean stopped talking and looked back at Natalia who looked at him with her innocent green eyes. He lowered his voice "that killed Jessica-"

"We gotta find Dad first," Sam muttered

"Dad disappearing-and this thing showing up again after twenty years, it's no coincidence. Dad will have answers. He'll know what to do,"

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us. This Blackwater Ridge. There's nothing there. It's just woods." Sam put down the map "Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?" 

They drove past the National Forest sign that says, Welcome to Lost Creek Colorado National Forest

Dean parked the Impala next to a sign that said Ranger Station Lost Creek Trail, Lost Creek National Forest. 

"So Blackwater Ridge is pretty remote." Sam looked at a 3D map of the national forest, paying particular attention to the ridge labeled Blackwater Ridge. 

Dean was looking at the decorations with Natalia on his shoulders. 

"It's cut off by these canyons here, rough terrain, dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place," Sam continued to explain

"Baloo!" Natalia exclaimed with glee.

 Sam looked over to see Natalia and Dean looking at a framed photo of a man standing behind a much larger bear. He came to stand next to Dean and Natalia immediately wanted to switch as she reached her arms towards Sam.

"Daddy," Natalia said

Sam smirked as he took Natalia from Dean, she hugged his neck as Sam held her against his chest. "And a dozen or more grizzlies in the area. It's no nature hike, that's for sure," he sighed.

A forest ranger walked up behind them; when he spoke, Dean and Sam whipped around, startled. "You three aren't planning on going out near Blackwater Ridge by any chance?" he asked