Salvation [3]

"Maybe we can tell them there's a gas leak," Sam reasoned as he and Dean waited outside the house. "Might get them out of the house for a few hours,"

"Yeah, and how many times has that worked for us?" Dean wondered.

"Could always tell them the truth,"

Dean and Sam shared a look "Nah,"

"I know," Sam said with a shake of his head. "I know, I know. I just..." he looked back at where Natalia's car seat was...empty. "With what's coming for these people..."

"Sam, we only got one move, and you know it, all right?" Dean said. "We got to wait for that demon to show itself, and then we get it before it gets them,"

"I wonder how dad's doing," Sam sighed.

"I'd feel a lot better if we were there backing him up,"

"I'd feel a lot better if he were here backing us up,"

Sam went back to watching the house and shook his head. "This is weird,"

"What?"

"After all these years, we're finally here. It doesn't seem real,"

"We just got to keep our heads and do our job like always,"

"Yeah, but this isn't like always,"

"True,"

"Dean, uh..." Sam cleared his throat in thought. "I want to thank you,"

"For what?"

"For everything. You've always had my back, you know? Even when I couldn't count on anyone, I could always count on you. And now...I don't know. I just wanted to let you know, just in case,"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Are you kidding me?"

"What?"

"Don't say just in case something happens to you," Dean argued. "I don't want to hear that freakin' speech, man. Especially when you got a kid waiting for you. Nobody's dying tonight. Not us, not that family, nobody...except that demon. That evil son of a bitch isn't getting any older than tonight. You understand me?"

***

Dean hung up the phone as it only kept ringing "Dad's not answering,"

"Maybe Meg was late," Sam said as his eyes never left the bedroom window. "Maybe cell reception's bad,"

"Yeah, well..." Dean sighed.

Sam noted the EMF detector begins going off  "Dean, wait. Listen," he turned the radio up and it was just static.

The wind outside picked up. The lights at the house flickered.

"It's coming," Sam realized.

The boys hurried into the house.

Dean jumped back when the husband came at him with a bat.

"Get out of my house!" The husband exclaimed.

Dean grabbed a hold of the bat.

"Get out of my house!"

Dean pinned the husband to the wall.

"Mr. Holt, please," Sam pleaded.

"We're trying to help you, okay?" Dean reasoned.

"Charlie, is everything okay down there?" Monica called from upstairs.

"Monica, get the baby!" Charlie shouted.

"Don't go in the nursery!" Sam argued.

"You stay away from her!"

Dean punched Charlie unconscious and took him outside while Sam went after Monica.

Monica opened the nursery to find the Yellow-Eyed Demon standing over her baby "What are you..."

Sam came in as Monica was dragged up to the ceiling by an invisible force. He fired the Colt but the demon disappeared.

Monica screamed as she fell to the ground.

"Where the hell did it go?" Sam wondered.

"My baby!" Monica cried. "Rosie!"

Dean ran in and grabbed the baby while Sam took care of Monica. "Get her out of here! I got it!"

"Rosie! Rosie!"

Dean was able to grab Rosie just as her crib burst into flames.

***

The boys made it out of the house as the upper floor exploded.

"Get away from her!" Charlie exclaimed.

"No, Charlie, don't! They saved us," Monica cried "They saved us," she took Rosie from Dean's arms. "Thank you,"

Sam looked up at the flames and froze when he saw the shadowy figure in the window. "It's still in there," He moved to head back inside.

Dean stopped his brother "Sam, no!"

"Dean, let me go! It's still in there!"

"Burning to the ground...it's suicide!"

"I don't care!"

"What about Nat?!"

Sam stopped as he remembered his daughter who was waiting in the motel room for his return.

***

Sam hurried to the door of the motel and opened the door. "Tali?"

The room was quiet.

Sam moved further into the motel "Natalia?"

Dean walked in after his brother "What's wrong?"

"Natalia's not here,"

"What?! Did you check under the bed?"

"Yes, Dean! I checked the bed, I checked the closet, I checked the bathroom...she's not here!"

Both the brothers' phone when a phone rang in the motel room.

Dean walked over to the phone and picked it up.

"You boys screwed up this time," Meg said on the other end.

"Where are they?" Dean asked.

Sam looked over at Dean, fear evident in his eyes.

"You're never gonna see your father or little girl again,"