♤Investigation Part 2 | Rantaro Amami's case ♤

This chapter is over 20k words long, obviously most of it being recycled dialouge from the games, we highly suggest you to not read this in one go.

Mini reminder:
(Y/N): Your name
(L/N): Your last name
(N/N): Your nickname
(E/C): Your eye colour
(H/C): Your hair colour
(H/L): Your hair length
(H/S): Your hair style (Ponytail, curly, etc.)
(S/T): Your skin tone
(F/C): Favorite colour
(I/N): Inner thoughts name?? (This is so stupid we're just Kiibo 2.0 lol)
(P/N): Pet's (the Puppy/Kitten from your given backstory) name

¿?

Investigation Start!

You stayed close to Kaede and Shuichi as the three of you approached Rantaro's body. "I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you this, but shouldn't we investigate Rantaro's body?" Kaede asked.

"Yes... If we want to find clues, we have to..." Shuichi awnsered, causing you slight discomfort. You fiddled with the tip of your (F/C) scarf, eyeing the dead corpse in front of you that would soon have to examine in order to survive. Although, you probably can't get any closer to it. Who would have the courage to touch a dead body anyways? Surely not you.

'Oh wouldn't you like to know, snowflake?'

"But if it's too much for you girls, you don't have to, okay?" Shuichi added, sensing your discomfort. It made him remember (P/N).

"No, it's fine. I can do it." Kaede said determinedly before turning to you. "What about you, (N/N)?"

As much as you wanted to find something else to do, you would much prefer sticking with Kaede and Shuichi than the others since you were closer to them.

You wanted to prove to them that you weren't useless. A burden. So, why would you pass up this opportunity to help them and possibly find a lead on Rantaro's killer?

'Yeah... it's what he's want...'

"I-I'll... uh... yeah... i'll just... suck it up."

'Pfft- thas what she saiiiii-'

"Great! But if it's too much to handle, you can just tell us." Kaede patted you on the head before kneeling down next to the green haired boy's body, grimacing at the sight.

"Why... did Rantaro die here?" Shuichi mumbled.

"What... do you mean by that?" You asked.

"I mean, if Rantaro was the one who moved the bookcase... That would mean he came all the way over here after the bookcase opened. He moved away from the hidden door... to this spot. Why would he do that...? And there's no trace of his body being moved. It doesn't add up." Shuichi explained, causing Kaede's face to darken and turn extremely pale.

"Uh... A-Aka? Are you alright? You seem pale..." You asked softly, your fingers grazing against her shoulder. Too afraid to touch her as if she were a fragile glass that would shatter upon the slightest contact.

"...Although I guess that's normal. We have to investigate a body, after all... The body of someone who was alive and talking to us, just a little while ago..." Shuichi muttered out.

"I-It's okay, really... We just have to do our best. Not just for Rantaro's sake... but also so we can avenge him... And... so we can protect everyone else." Kaede's voice wavered as she said that, causing your heart to sting, seeing her like this was disheartening for you. You wanted to see the same bright smile on her face again once, and you made a vow to bring that smile back.