• Chapter 12 | Dubious reversal •

Listen the (Name) lore might be all over the place in the book BUT WE'RE TRYING TO MAKE IT MAKE SENSE

At least, I think I'm trying-

Word count: 10k+

¿?

It was night.

It felt like another cycle being repeated; Of you laying in bed, the crumpled piece of paper in your hand as you stared up at the ceiling, thoughts flooding your head. One after another, you thought of a solution, but it soon becomes pointless when you find loopholes in your own awnsers.

You're not sure why- you didn't want to do another show, another season of hell. Yet, you signed that contract. That piece of flimsy little paper that now chained you yet into another round of torture.

You should've torn that letter the second you saw it.

But it's not like you had a choice, having been born to this life permanently. At such a young age too, did the team not have any pity but to dump so much responsibility and trauma onto children?

Seeing hundreds of your peers slaughtered before your eyes, their lifeless eyes gazing at you with betrayal and despair. Some by your hands, to which you weren't even aware of consciously until it was all over. The survivors? Oh, those poor souls, having to keep their mouths shut or they'd be dispose of equally in a much worse fashion. But you? Dear god knows what they'd have up their sleeves if you spoke up too.

Sometimes, you wished you were the one being executed first- instead of being permanently tied to that wretched show. Damned to life of despair without a glint of hope you were promised to have at each 'ending'.

Each time you saw your doom about to appear, you closed your eyes and embraced the sweet release of death. No more being tied to something your whole life from day one, not more being reused like a toy meant to be thrown into a loop of agony and insanity. You would be free.

Only to feel such despair and disappointment when you wake up, to see yourself unharmed and ready to be used again for entertainment of others, while most of your peers... the ones that made it... their fate left unknown, perhaps some survived while some tried to expose the truth and schemes of the show, only to be met with a gruesome end for their efforts. You don't even know where they went or what they were doing now, but that information was left to hide behind the shadows from you, to prevent even the smallest chance of your freedom. And those who didn't? All you knew was that they died with false conscious and lives.

A chime at your front door startles you out of your trance.

Your phone was buzzing for god knows how long, the screen displaying multiple missed calls from Shuichi and Kokichi.

You looked out the window, seeing the two already standing outside your house. The taller male seemed to pace around frantically, his phone up to his ear as he tried to call you. The shorter male was hunched over slightly, his hands visibly shaking while frantically texting you in several short messages in a panic.

Right... you promised to watch that show with them tonight... you should probably go fetch them or they'd freeze outside your home. Or even call the police because they thought something was wrong when you weren't awnsering either of them.