♤ Investigation Part 1 | Ryoma Hoshi's Case ♤

This was gonna be a long ass chapter with like probably 60k words but then Servia said to split it into 2 parts for the shits and giggles lol

(We would also like to thank you for 12k views, despite the absurdity of this book and it's abnormally long schedules, we appreciate every single one of you for dropping by <3)

¿?

Not again.

This had to be a nightmare, right?

You're sleeping, you're probably sleeping, aren't you?

Because you refused to believe this is real.

You stared at the bloodied water that hid your deceased friend's remains, the piranhas can still be seen swimming around inside. You didn't even realize a certain red head appearing out of no where.

"Behold! The magnificent Underwater Esca-"

Ding dong
Bing bong

"A body has been discovered!" There he was, sitting on that familiar chair with the same wine glass in his paws. That coy smile of his as he spoke... it was enough to send a shiver down your spine. "Everyone, please gather in the gym!"

Once the monitor had turned off, you found yourself gripping tightly onto Shuichi's sleeves, your heartbeat suddenly thumping loudly in your ears, followed by a loud and endlessly ringing that muffled out Shuichi's voice calling your name.

The air was thick, thick enough that you felt like you were suffocating, oxygen barely entering your lungs.

"Nyeh? A body...? In the gym?" Himiko, puzzled, looked around, noticing all eyes were on the tank behind her.

Slowly, she turned around. "Nyeh?" Her eyes widened, body trembling at the sight of the same tank she was in moments before, now containing a dead body of her friend.

You, on the other hand, began feeling extremely weak in your knees that buckled under your weight. Gravity pulled your downwards, but a pair of arms held onto your waist.

"(Name)!" Shuichi shook you gently, snapping you out of your trance.

But you could barely stay sane, not after witnessing a school of fish ripping apart your friend, flesh into bits, his skeletal remains lying on the bottom of the tank, his blood dying the water.

Your peers, stared in shock, some either breaking down or running off to throw up. None realized your current condition, except for the detective who held you.

"I... R-Ryoma..." You barely muttered out, clenching onto the detective's sleeves.

"Breathe... breathe! J-Just focus on me, i'm here, i'm here!" Your vision, though growing blurry from your tears, focused on Shuichi.

You buried your head into his chest, the sound of his racing heartbeat, whether from your embrace or the death he had witnessed, was louder than the ringing in your ears.

Eventually, your heart had relaxed- rather, slowed down insignificantly. Your body was still trembling, quiet whimpers leaving your lips.

The dark haired male gently rubbed circles on your back, his eyes trained on your shaky figure. Even he couldn't bear looking at the remains of Ryoma, but he couldn't leave you like this.

"Wh-What's going on!?" A loud familiar voice caught everyone's attention.

You slowly looked at the direction of where the voice came from, seeing your peers who were absent from the magic show flooding in from the gym's entrance.