Chapter 2: New world, New Life

'What the hell...'

'Why is my body so heavy? My chest hurts as well.'

I slowly drew my eyes open. I was in a room, weakly resting down on a bed. My body is weak. I can't even move a finger!

'What's wrong with me?'

I suddenly developed a headache, and images began to arise in my mind.

'Memories?'

'This isn't mine...'

'Oh right.....I was, after all, reincarnated.'

'Whose memories are these?'

Following a review of the memories, I'm already aware of who I am and where I am.

I let out a long breath and took a look around the room. I'm currently in a room that has a lot of space. This room may belong to Hiroka, the 2nd prince. I was transmigrated in a novel that I still haven't finished reading yet, 'Betrayal'. And also, I was transmigrated as the second prince, who was meant to die when he turned 18 years old! 

Ugh....Just my luck'

The playground in my prior world was the same size in this room. The room is a field with ocean-blue walls. Hiroka's room too has shelves brimming with books. It has a queen-sized bed where I'm laying right now. I can already see the exterior of the room if I look to my left. Then there were enormous windows with a view of the night sky. It is now evening.

It's been a while since I've seen the night sky. I enjoy watching the night. I get consolation in seeing the stars, the moon, and the clouds. I couldn't see much in my former life because the nurses closed the blinds every day. After all, the patients were scared, so I didn't protest.

The second prince, Hiroka Isamu Callisto, was a bright child. He had a wonderful family who looked after him. His family was so protective that he wasn't even allowed to leave the palace. He was warned that it was risky because some of Hiroka's father had enemies outside, and he was frightened that Hiroka might be taken. Except for his brother Haru, who was stronger than him. Hiroka occasionally feels envious of his brother.

Hiroka and Haru's mother died shortly after Hiroka was born. It was said to him that it was too much for his mother. Hiroka has seen the portrait of his mother, which was stunning and had the same hair color as him. Her beauty astounded him.

The second prince. If my memory serves me well, he was bedridden and could not be cured. He had been ill since he was a child, but it appears in his memory that he became ill after dinner with his brother and the King. He felt a sharp pain in his chest and began coughing up blood in front of his food.

'Was it  poison?'

Hiroka wasn't mentioned much, so the information about him being sick since he was a child may be untrue.

Hiroka's memory, he is already 14 years old, thus I have four years to live. I need to stop the heroine's schemes as soon as possible because there is no treatment for the cure. I may not be able to make—

'Wait....'

The goddess of reincarnation said something to the effect of "being able to live the life I have always desired." Is it possible that Hiroka's poison has a treatment?! Let's just suppose there is a solution.

...

'Then I must locate it as quickly as possible.'