Chapter 2.37(Practice Partner) - 2.38(AEM training)

Chapter 2.37

Hiroka whispers to himself as he allows himself to drop into his bed, "Finally, I can sleep."

Hiroka was exhausted of being dragged by the member of his team, Fitz. Who wants to celebrate since they now have an official member? Felix even agreed to him. And want to have a drink together.

It was almost like his first celebration in the academy with his first friend when they won first place in the MEH. They were lucky to get away from them.

They certainly enjoy celebrating, don't they? In his case, he was confined to a hospital bed in his past life, therefore he isn't accustomed to it anymore.

Hiroka shut his eyes, allowing the darkness to consume him. He finally drifted off to sleep after a few minutes.

Unknowingly, a person seated on a chair was staring at him. Riku stared at Hiroka for a moment, then shifted his gaze to the sky beyond the window. It was well beyond midnight, and stars twinkled in the night sky.

Riku can't help but have a confused look on his face.

It was Hiroka who made him dream of freedom. To live on his own in the slums when his mother passed away in his arms. He began to practice a wooden sword he found. He wasn't entirely sure how to fight or even how to wield a sword in the proper stance. But his only concern is staying alive and keeping himself safe.

Riku was never comfortable inside. Fearful that he would never be able to support himself alone. However...Hiroka, No, The Highness Second Prince got rid of his unease. He admired him and was really grateful to him. However, when did his respect for him become...what should he name this?...Affection?

Riku turned to face Hiroka, who was soundly sleeping.

To tell the truth, Riku feels a little envious of Kiyoshi, the Demon Prince. Before they returned to their own dorms earlier. Riku always sees Hiroka and the Demon Prince walking together. They hadn't known each other for long, yet every time Riku watched Hiroka smile so brilliantly at Kiyoshi, it made his heart throb.

He don't want to look at Hiroka from the distance. Nor do he want to lead him, he just want to walk shoulder to shoulder with him like the demon prince did and make him smile so brightly. But, is he allowed to?...

With one hand holding his chest and the other up, Riku covered his face with his right.

_____

The class 1-A were now on a training ground the following day. They wore attire that allowed them to move freely, and a first-year brooch was tucked through their upper right chest ensemble. They carried no defense weapons at all.

They're a little anxious since they think they're going to certainly die because their terrifying professor Keda will be teaching them at this time. In particular, Professor Keda was obviously focusing his remarks yesterday toward the students who had not paid close attention to his discussion.

The thought of the first day of class, when they were hurt by Professor Keda's random application of earth magic to their faces for not paying attention, made them tremble.

Someone yelled to the others, "Professor is coming!" They started sweating. They still don't want to die!..

At last, Professor Keda approached them. "Find yourself a practice partner, move!" is what he says directly.

Students found a practice partner right away and instantly followed. Hiroka is still hesitant to get to know the others. Thus, he would rather be Riku's partner.

Looking behind him, Hiroka asked Riku, "Want to be my practice partner, Riku?"

"Yes," with his usual nod, Riku said.