Chapter 10: Found

"Your highness!" Allea said as she ran up to me and hugged me. She was sobbing uncontrollably. Allea, Paladin, and the guards were aware of the two robbers and Riku but chose to ignore them and to focus on me instead.

"Your highness, where have you been?" Allea broke the hug and looked serious as she rested her hands on my shoulder.

"W-well..." I couldn't continue my sentence when I heard Allea's voice again. She was surprised by my attire.

"Your highness! why is there blood on your clothes?" Allea screamed, drawing the guards and Paladin's attention. 

'Blood?'

When I looked down at my garments, I noticed that there was blood on my cape. It must have been caused by my coughing earlier.

"Well, you see, I kinda used my magic," I said, laughing a little and rubbing the back of my head.

"You what?!?" Allea and Paladin gasped

"But, your highness, you weren't supposed to use your power! Your body is weak and your totally sick," Allea scolded.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have a choice."

"I'm sure the highness utilized magic due to these two individuals, right?" Paladin said calmly but staring furiously at the two unconscious men.

"Yeah, they were attempting to steal my earring but I told them I wouldn't, so they attempted to kill me instead." With a straight face, I said that. Allea began to cry again, and I noticed Paladin grasping his arms tightly.

"Your highness, I'm sorry; this is my fault; If only I was able to hold your hand that time then we wouldn't be separated from the crowd" Allea sobbed, and I was taken aback by what she said.

'Why are you apologizing, it wasn't your fault...it was the crowd's fault for separating us,' I wanted to say but chose to remain silent. Right now, looking at Allea. She was sobbing uncontrollably, like if she had just lost her child.

"Wait, your highness, it was also my fault!" Paladin exclaimed as he approached us. I even watched the guards transport two unconscious males to who knows where.

'eh?'

"As a knight, I was supposed to protect you from danger, but it turns out that due to my carelessness, you were harmed, and I, as the vice president of the Callisto knight, will receive any punishment from you," Paladin said as he kneeled one leg with his head looking on the ground.

"W-wait—" I tried to stop Paladin from kneeling when Allea cut me off. She, like Paladin, was kneeling and looked at the ground with guilt. I observed their guilty expressions, and it was difficult to witness them like this.

"I, too, your highness, will suffer whatever punishment," Allea responded. 

...

...

'This is troublesome'  I sighed deeply, and I noticed them flinching as a result. 

'This is something I should put a stop to.'

"You two," I began, and I noticed them flinching again but stayed a calm face. The guards and even Riku were staring at us. Some of the guards were nervous, and I even noticed Riku standing there calmly.

"Stand up," I commanded, and Allea and Paladin rose to their feet, waiting for me to proceed. They were cautiously staring at the ground. In response to their reaction, I sighed again and began to talk.

"I don't need to punish you two, and you don't need to apologize for your mistakes; I, too, it was partly my fault because I was in such a dangerous place that I shouldn't have been wandering around."

"B-but, your highness—" Paladin and Allea protested, but I cut them both off.

"Shh... don't say anything else," I said, and they remained silent and nodded.

"And also, I'm already safe, so there's no need for you two to do that; that guy over there saved me; his name is Riku Touma," I added, pointing to Riku. Riku just stood there and stared at us.

'He's really calm and doesn't say much.'

Allea stood up quickly and moved towards Riku. Allea suddenly grabbed both of Riku's hands who flinched on a sudden action.

"Sir Riku, thank you very much for saving our highness life; we wouldn't know what to do without you," Allea sobbed, and I and Riku sweatdropped on her reaction. Paladin was also seen walking towards Riku and Allea.

"Sir Riku, thank you for saving our highness," Paladin said, bowing in thanks. Riku just sweatdropped and is at a loss for words in response to their reaction. He simply nodded in response, and when Allea and Paladin noticed this, they both smiled graciously.

"Oh right, your highness," Paladin exclaimed out of nowhere that he suddenly remembered something, catching my attention while Allea was preoccupied with Riku sobbing in front of him.

"What is it?" I inquired.

"His majesty and his highness, the crown prince told us to bring you back as soon as we found you; actually, we told them the situation that we lost you through the crowd and your family sent us guards to help us find you; but since we already found you, we will immediately return to the palace and inform his majesty and his highness, the crown prince of your safety," Paladin said, making me sweatdrop and gulped.

'This is bad, I'll be scolded for sure' 

"A-alright, it can't be helped, let's go back," I replied, screaming in my thoughts about heading back home. I started to walk when I realized I needed to take Riku to the Palace.

"Oh right," I said, turning to face Riku, who was also staring at me when Allea stopped sobbing in front of him. "You'll be coming with us to the palace, Riku, and you'll be riding with us in the carriage because we only bring one," I continued, beginning to walk away before he could say no.

"B-but—" I overheard him say, but Allea stopped him.

'Nice one, Allea,'  I said happily in my thoughts.

"Now, now, Sir Riku, let me help you on your way," Allea said then putting her ear to Riku's and whispering something. I'm not sure what Allea said, but because it's their business, I just ignored it.