Chapter 2.6 - Inn

"Your back, Hary!"

At Hary's business inn, where they had finally arrived, Hiroka and the two knights overheard a woman's voice. As she approached Hary, a woman hugged him. She wears a noble, lovely dress outfit, has short red hair, and has a spectacle resting in each eye.

The inn was not as large as the Viscount's inn, and there were not many exquisite pieces of furniture. As there were numerous flower vases exhibited at the side of the entrance door, above the counter, and next to the staircase where rooms upstairs are accessible, the inn had a delightful floral fragrance. Compared to the other, it was considerably better for Hiroka.

A woman brightened and asked, "Are we finally getting customers?" Hiroka was pulled out of his reverie by her question. The woman was glancing at them before turning to Hary.

They were the only guests there at the inn, Hiroka suddenly realized as he raised an eyebrow in curiosity. No sound of footsteps could be heard upstairs. The inn was far too quiet.

The women grinned in delight as Hary nodded and then looked up at the three customers, "Please meet my wife," He introduced to them to which the woman walked up and introduced herself.

She introduced herself, lowering her body slightly and bending her knees to make a bow while holding her dress. "My name is Flora Boon, it's a pleasure to meet you," She said, struggling a little to maintain her balance at bowing, but Hiroka ignored it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, I'm Isamu, and this is Asher and Riko."

Hiroka could feel the sweat starting to form on his forehead as Flora continued to look at him. He was wondering if something was on his face, but that idea was quickly interrupted as Flora unexpectedly leaped on him, startling Hary, Asher, and Riko.

Flora exclaimed, "Uwaaa, you're so cute!" as she snatched both of Hiroka's hands and shook them, shocking not only him but also Flora's husband and the two knights.

Flora's husband seized his wife before the two knights took action to defend their highness. Hary bowed in a sincere 90-degree apology bow to them, "I-I'm sorry about my wife's behavior!" His expression was one of fear. Apprehensive that his wife's actions would be punished.

When Hary returned to the inn, it was so abrupt that his wife simply engaged in inappropriate behavior even when Hary had invited the three to stop at their inn. Naturally, he wasn't upset with his wife.

Hary was aware that Hiroka and his group were of higher nobility than they were, but he was unaware of Hiroka's exact status.

Flora paled when she realized what she had done after witnessing her husband's actions. She then followed her husband and made a 90-degree bow to Hiroka.

Flora was so foolish, she thought. Years of etiquette instruction from Flora's husband resulted in Flora acting badly in front of high nobles. Flora made her husband feel bad and embarrassed.

Flora simply can't help herself. She had no interest in formal etiquette.

By their actions, Asher, Riko, and Hiroka were all at a loss for words, and both knights all cast glances in the direction of their highness in anticipation of his response.

Approximately five seconds later, Hiroka said, "Please raise your head."

Flora and Hary flinched as they obeyed his instructions and lifted their heads. Flora, who had endured numerous jeers and disgusted glances from other nobles due to her odd behavior and lack of manners, believed that Hiroka would display the same expression. Hary shared this belief.

When the two pairs turned to face Hiroka. They were both taken aback by Hiroka's simple expression of comfort.

Hiroka smiled and said, "It's okay, you didn't do anything wrong so please just do as you are comfortable with."