Lost & found

The race car had an electric heart and soft black wheels that hugged the road as they made their way around the circuit. Well, I wouldn't really call it a circuit. Monaco had closed the roads to allow the drivers to race.

I try keep my focus on one of the papaya orange cars, but they quickly disappear out of view as they make their way around. There are people cheering on from all corners of the track. From people on the grandstands to the rich who are living life and watching from there yachts.

The destination I'll be watching from tomorrow.

"Take a picture of me please" Mia askes fifteen mins into the qualifying. I can tell how much it bores her, yet I want to know everything about it. I want to know how the cars reach such high speeds. How it feels to race and have that much pressure on you.

She stands Infront of the balcony as her hands are stretched out and resting on the railings. I take what feels like millions of pictures before she turns to look at the track and taking in the scenery of Monte Carlo.

She continues to pose in every imaginable position before I give up and take my seat.

"Thank you, want a drink?" she asks as she continues to scroll through her phone looking at the pictures I took.

"Lemon water please" and she walks of.

I pick up my own phone this time. With only twenty minutes left of the qualifying, I get up to take pictures. Picture of the sensory of Monaco, pictures of the venue and pictures of the car. I capture the memories onto my phone from the balcony before making my way downstairs to get a closer view from the track.

I barge through the cheering crowed saying sorry every time I push past, but I doubt they even heard it, so I was quite useless, really. There were flags being wave and people chanting like animals as they passionately cheered on their drivers and teams.

I might have enjoyed the atmosphere if I was a supporter of the sport but the ordinary London, non-formula one supporter in me didn't. This wasn't my scene and was way too much for me to deal with, especial considering I'm not the biggest fan of crowds.

However, when I made it to the front and was able to see the cars zoom past, I unlocked my phone and began to take photos. Getting all the different coloured cars Infront of the harbour and the million-dollar yachts, I favourite the best photos.

Enjoying the action on the track I decide to make my way up to the bar when the shows over. Mia will probably be looking for me considering I haven't even told her that I came down here. I slide my phone into bag and make my way upstairs through the crowds of sweaty people.

"There you are" she turns around I make my way back onto the balcony as if she can sense my presents. To be honest she probably can.

"So, I was thinking we could either relax at home and watch a movie or we could go to the beach and catch some sun before going home one Monday?" she throughs ideas at me.

"Well, I don't think we should be cooped up inside especially when we are leaving soon already so let's go to the beach" I respond, and she seems to agree. "We could take you dads car again and go out of Monte Carlo to explore" she continues to nod her head in agreement.

"Speaking of we should probably go find him" and with that she calls him to try and find out where he is.

I take a seat beside her and take her ice lemon water from her, allowing it to refresh me from the day. It feels almost as a restart which is exactly what I needed after experiencing the formula one mob.

"He's at the Red bull garage" she informs me.

With the drinks in our hand, we make our way down the stairs that are lined in red carpet and erase the sound of Mia's heels before taking a left and making our way to the garage.