Lights

Just as we leave the city lights behind us, Lando accelerates and the car speeds of into the mountains. The gleaming headlights were now the only thing guiding us through the darkness that the night has bought.

We follow the path as we continue making our way up wards. The roads were curved, and nothing was holding us back from driving off the mountings straight to death. Yet I couldn't help but think about how beautiful the scenery must be during the day as the sun glazes Monte Carlo.

I pull out my phone as a ping rings through the car alerting me with a message. Well, I should say messages as my phone continues to blow up.

"Sorry about that, probably Mia being stupid" I turn my phone on silent.

The brightness of the screen blinds me and I instantly try to turn it down. I quickly click on the messages app to see why Mia's being needy again.

In all capital letters I read the message in my head 'WHY ARE YOU IN THE MOUNTAIN? it was a dinner date. DADS LOSING HIS MIND' I simply informed her that he wanted to show me something and that she has nothing to worry about.

Some might say its creepy that my befriend keeps track of me and yes, I would agree with them, but it shows she cares. However, it can get a bit annoying. Like whenever I walk into a food shop or cafe, I will receive a text message about her requests, no matter how far away I am from her.

A smile appears on his face as the car slows down after a half an hour drive.

"Where the hell have you taken me? Are you planning to throw me off the mountains?"

"That's exactly my plan" and with that he opens his door. He gets out the car making his way around the front to open the door for me. He offers me his hand and pulling my up from the seat gracefully.

My hand still in his he leads me over to the lonely tree at the edge of the cliff. My eyes travelled up to see the beauty of the city. The northeast mountains gives us the perfect view of the whole city that's still alive. The moon reflection onto the sea as lights come from boat where people are partying.

"Wow this is amazing" I look back at him.

"It really is" We take a few more steps before we met with the edge.

"Are you sure this is safe?" I question as he takes a seat.

"Promise" he locks his eyes on mine and compels me to give him my whole trust.

He takes my hand as he seats me next to him. Our legs dangle over the edge as our shoulders are touching allowing us to exchange the sparks that are race through our body.

We just sit there admiring the city from a view so many don't get a change to witness. The lights twinkle reflecting onto the glass ocean along with the full silver moon which is trying so hard to light up the sky.

It's so calm and peaceful up here only the rustling of the warm wind could be heard on a warm spring evening.

"A certain darkness is needed to see the stars" Lando adds.

"And yet the city of money hasn't got enough power to keep them hidden"

We fall into comfortable silence again. Just glaring at the city and appreciating where we both are in life currently.

I rest my head onto his shoulder as he snuck his hand into mine and I completely freeze, unable to move, or really do anything as I focus on his hand in mine. The heat radiates onto my skin, and it feels as if my hands on fire.

A fire I never want to set out.

"Are you ready for tomorrow" I try to distract myself.

The street circuit is clearly visible from here. It was all lit up, shining like a trophy, ready for the big race tomorrow.