Confusion

The bright sun rays wake me up from my slumber and last night's heart ache. I twist over to my right side in the fluffy white covers to find the bed empty. No trace of Mia was left except her scent.

I pick up my phone from the side table to find it on five percent and a message from Mia.

From Mia:
Goodmorning, hope you're feeling better. Sorry I had to leave for work this morning. Mother have left for a beautician's appointment, but she should be back for around two. I'll see you this evening x

Reality has set in and the air around me gets thicker. The words from last night run circles round my mind. 'Selfish little bitch' there's no escaping my dad's voice. Please that man doesn't even deserves to be called my dad. 'Fucking disgrace' he screamed the words that I've heard a thousand times.

I swing my legs round and rush over to the opened window for some fresh air. One, two, three. I take deep breaths, calming my heart rate.

I focus on the grass. Leaves scattered messily everywhere from last night's monstrous storm. The trees are at ease now, not a single branch moves as the sun glazes them.

My feet glide over the soft carpet as I make my way down into the kitchen in hopes for some breakfast.

I raid the black cupboards in need of some food. My stomach rumbles once I spot the oats and with breakfast sorted, I head to the fridge when my phone rings with the default FaceTime ringtone.

Lando.

The view of myself scares me as I quickly try sort out my hair and put it up in a neat messy bun. Ugh, it's still not a vibe but it's as good as can be considering I've just gotten out of bed.

"Goodmorning Miss Thornton, what's up with the glasses?" 

He seems to be sat in the back of the car, low music playing whilst he's on his journey from point a to point b. His hairs a bit scruffy as he seems all cosy in his quadrant hoodie.

"Heya" I try to sound as cheery as possible "I had a really bad headache this morning and hoped they would help"

According to the opticians I should wear my glasses regularly but they're not my favourite thing and can get really annoying really quickly so instead I only wear them only when i have sore eyes, a headache or staring at a screen for a long time"

"Well, you look really cute" my heart beats faster again but its thanks to his sweet word instead of my father's cruel actions. "Have you got any plans for today?"

"Well, I was supposed to take Emily out for dinner because her fiancé screwed her over but I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with It tonight, I might have to take her out another night"

"Are you okay? You dint really seem like yourself" worry fills his face.

I hadn't mentioned my parents to him much. He has no idea about my relationship with them and with all honestly its embarrassing speaking about it. Only a few people know about it, and I try to always keep the parent and childhood conversations on a down low.

"Yeah, I'm just really tired and need a night in"

"What I think you need I a night out with Emily to relax from all the work stress you've been putting on yourself"

"Umm you might be right but I think I'll put it off till another night" I send him a weak smile.

"Call Emily and sort something out but either way I think you deserve a nice night and I'm going to want to hear all about it but I'm at the hotel now and I have a very important meeting I need to prepare for so I'm going to have to go"