Podium

The luxurious car come to a stop as soon when we reach the car park. I undo my leather seat belt before pulling down the mirror and checking myself out. I run my figure through my wavy hair to smooth down the fly aways and glance at Thomas.

"Thank you for dropping me off. See you at dinner?"

"Yes, I'll text you the details" he confirms the plans as I get out the car.

I shut the door behind me and scan my bag in search of the ticket as I walk towards the entrance. Once again, I scan the barcode and with a double beep I push the chrome bar to allow myself in.

I'm quite good with direction and can easily remember locations which is surprising since my memory for normal things is ridiculous bad. I head straight down and pass all the motor homes.

As I walk down its really empty. Yesterday this place was packed with people rushing and others who were admiring the world of motor support. I take a right and find myself where the podium is.

Ahhh that's where everyone is. People grouped in red, orange, and blue were cheering as the first person walk onto the podium. I try to squeeze myself past people to get a bit of a better view of the celebrations and when I do the speakers alert me that Norris takes his place on the podium.

Waving his hand in the air he slowly jogs over with the biggest smile on his face. He throws his head back in joy and looks up to the sky for a second before lowering his head back down to focus on the crowed. He takes of his hat and runs his fingers through his awfully messy and sweaty hair. Still with the biggest smile on his face.

The second driver who is dressed in red enter the podium and his smiles is equally as big as Lando. I guess he drives for Ferrari as red is their iconic colour and it wouldn't be right if it was a different team.

His eyes wonder over to Lando and both of them have the biggest grins on their faces as they congratulate each other. You didn't have to be a formula one fan to see that they were incredibly good friends and were genuinely happy for each other.

The crowd and the teams finish clapping for the driver that finished second and the winner comes on stage. Max who is just as happy as both of them, gets the most cheerers. Or it might be because his team is right next to me and there super loud.

The many claps and salutes come to a stop as the Monaco national anthem starts to play through the speakers. A sign of respect is show as they all take a minute to appreciate their wonderful driving, in a country as beautiful.

All three of them look down at their team and as Lando was scanning the crowed of his team but his eyes lock onto mine and slowly his smile grew even more. More than I thought was possible. His eyes sparkled with happiness as they continue to stare into mine.

A trophy for third, that was shaped as the Monte Carlo circuit, was brought over to him. He lowers himself with the trophy before rising it above his head to show off his hard work. I join in with the applause as people clap and cheer.

The trophy was now brought out to second place who is Carlos Sinz and to Max who was the well-deserved winner of this race. The cheers once again calm down and music blares through the speakers. The drives grab a hold of their champagne bottle and begin the incredible sticky celebrations.

Unlike others, Lando had grabbed the abnormally large bottle of champagne and smashed it against the ground so he could spray it. The three of them spray each other and enjoy the happy moment that will be remembered.

The champagne was everywhere. The crowed got covered in the sticky substance as well as the drivers. The crowed was lightly drizzle in the celebrations whereas the three drivers were soaked.