THIRTY

Chapter 30
NYX'S POV

Later on I found myself seated with Simoni, Celeste's father whom I had not gotten any pleasure to be acquainted with since my arrival. A strange man he is, big of a conniving demeanour and since my first impression on him he seems to display himself as friendly, or at least tolerable. As I sit there my mind wonders about him, one thing was that he was projecting more than i could digest with his remarks towards my body and my body only.

Since my childhood days I have trained myself to mask what raced in my head or to at least keep a neutral expression whenever I felt uneasy or doubtful so I stayed steady studying him exactly how I studied the worn out map to this place. He mostly smiles, offers me an alcoholic drink which I constantly decline.

By the way he makes his advances I can tell he's sly, one can assume he knows nothing about my relations with Kai. Or my mate, we have been sharing a room so one can assume people would get a message. Either he chooses to ignore that or he thinks I'm their whòre. I'm also unmated and as long as it's like this I will remain a target to all unmated men. They see a dominant woman and try to break her. But I'm pretty sure a certain alpha's scent is mixed with my own.

A huge part of me wanted to ask him about my mate, but at the end of the day it is not I he is loyal to. So I refrain from doing such. The buff middle aged man and I sit parallel to one another as i thank him for his hospitality and bid him farewell. I know I've overstayed, if not for the mate who's close with him I probably would have not been welcomed so warmly.

After my conversation with him I then go to the pack doctor for deep details about my health. She smiles at me as soon as she takes my face in, urging me to sit down. Upon sitting she sits a few documents in front of me, making me squint my eyebrows in confusion only for her to say , "What are you, Alpha Nyx?" Its then that u notice that this woman had an accent, far from English. In response I raise a brow.

"You are no ordinary werewolf. Not a lyncan yet you radiate such power and authority... Alpha King Kai had to put you down a few times your wolf wasn't cooperating. Or whatever you are, it wanted, to kill..." she somewhat whispers the last part in bewilderment. Seeing that I do not answer she continues with her theories and questions, "You may just be some type of experiment that failed or turned to be a success in being a killer. If that's your purpose. So mighty. Regal... Your body refuses all werewolves treatment, it does nothing to your DNA and your blood-" She speaks so hurriedly and impatiently like a maniac which sends chills down my spine. 

Then in the middle of her rambling she pauses, looking at me as her hands grip on the table in realisation: "Alpha King! He knows. Doesn't he?" Laughs. "Yes! Yes! Hence he refused to let us draw your blood and moved you to that house in the forest! Yes!" 

I blink, Code red my beast whispers. After hearing her ramble I immediately get on my feet, heading out of her office with the documents. "Please, let me run a few tests on you... You know what you are don't you?" I proceed walking and when at the door she says, "No one has to know." Getting on her feet as if she wants to follow me. "Only the King and I are aware, it can be a private research done here."

As if my life depends on it I speed up from the clinic headed to the wooden house Kai and I were staying in. Glad I had brought all the important things from the castle.

Code red. I'm signalled once again for me to realise that, by king she means Simoni. And I told him the exact time I will be leaving his territory. I can smell an ambush. That fucken mate! I curse.

And that other fucken Alpha King left with no warning for me,

I pack, food and all the necessities because outside of my pack and Kai's I don't feel safe, I'm always on alert... The little evidence often leads to bigger discoveries.