THIRTEEN.

Chapter 13
Nyx' POV

If it was a different scenario I was going to enter that forest adamant in returning with answers or victorious because I'd be knowing what or who I would be up against. Right now however I'm as cluelesss as the rest of the beings to have walked in there. I am so clueless and it is making me queasy. Right now I am certain the moon goddess is shaking her head while she watches the scenes unfold before her eyes, my defiance forcing her to stray her blessings from me, it's nothing new though- it is the usual take. Although this time around I am about to commit this unforgivable deed in the name of detest and love. I know who my lover is and he waits for me, he knows I am his and no amount of words can change my mind. He might not own every part of me now but soon I'll succumb to our natural bond and we will be one.

If there's something that I know is much more powerful than Luna's bond it's the natural one, chosen mates are said to have a stronger bond than hers. My relationship with the one I chose cannot go on peacefully with my fated hindering me now can it? Hence the urgency in getting my answers and breaking this unwanted relationship.

The feeling of being accepted by another for who I am is greater than any other I've ever experienced, especially by a king who wanted to risk his kingdom for me. He chose me, he wanted me and I believe that he is where home is for I know home is not a place but a person.

Yet my mind pines to be in my mate's comfort, breathing in his chilling book scent to calm me... But I understand it's because of the other night when I weakly allowed him to take me behind the waterfall to his hide out. Or it might not be my beast but me, it might not be my animals but the human in me longing for a mate. Albeit, I've never really wanted a mate, only contentement. What I've always wanted was to have some sort of comfort from every thing that has happened to me, the idea of fighting the vampires has been embedded deep in me that I do not want to disappoint my people. They want justice for their alpha's brutal death and I want to be the one to give them that satisfaction, I want to avenge him. The idea of victory made me want to change things around me and what better way than to kill the people who killed your possessed mother's mate? I want to get rid of the hefty feeling that occasionally weighs me down whenever I think of the future so instead of a bleak one where my life has no meaning I hope to find a peaceful one, where sorrow is far from me, from all of us.

Maybe then I'll finally join hands with kai and leave this all behind me. Maybe then I will have a family of my own and protect everyone, and be a better mother than my own.

Well, those are just hopes, certainly not wishes for if I had the opportunity to even recite one I'd wish to have never be brought into this spiteful malicious world. Better yet I'd be human.

We should have been training, not dealing with this mess-, Elena sighs in my head once she remembers the sleepless nights due to nightmares. She doesn't want to choose between our mate, yet sympathizes with the young traumatized teen in me. Indeed we should be training, getting better but who would've thought?

Who could have thought I'd get my chosen one? He magically lured me like a moth drawn to a flame, I'm sure he expected me to run to him but I'm glad I didn't!

Currently parked at the boarders where the worn out rusty metallic sign on the left reads, "No humans allowed."

"Beware of vicious creatures."

I am in a major turmoil-

That is sadly a terrible feeling to have creep in on you when you're in front of waiting death. Another sign that sent a burning feeling at pit of my throat said, "Never walk by thyself, no matter how strong you think you are. Just DON'T-" also in what looks like house paint, "Especially you werewolves-" was added in a bold and white big font on the red sign that was probably written stop. The more I gawk at the wild and untamed forest the more the need to stride amid those evil trees manifests. I am bemusedly compelled by the sound of the trees, the whisper of the animals inside there roaming around, it calls for me, every thing in there calls for me to give in to this feeling. My beast is busy wiggling her tail at the thought of that which is marveling since she's an animal of the wilderness, not the forest where you hunt rabbits and get hunted by bloodthirsty wolves.