FIFTEEN

Chapter 15
Nyx's POV

My mind is stuck in disbelief, surely there has to be some sort of a mistake. Out of my animalistic instincts I wanted to shake my head at him, telling him that I belong to another. For the first time since it happened I wanted to accept the prince as my mate. My mate is no alpha, hell he's not even a werewolf but I'd kill for him to be one. "They, they took you away from me... I felt you die... Here." His "here" was louder than the rest of his sentence and it made me direct my eyes at his crunched figure. He points to his heart, fingers shockingly trembling, it's a struggle to move any of his body limbs; my guess is that he hasn't shifted to his human form in a while. Probably never, "Deep inside here, I felt you die. I felt it, you're here-" His voice is hoarse, speaking in American English, it sends waves of fear deep in my bones. Inside my body there's a foreign feeling seeping in like my unwanted mate, uninvited and probably planning to haunt me. The way he looks me in my eyes says it all, I am now his since we've met and he won't let me go from his side. Never again. Slowly getting on his feet, with difficulty, he continues telling me about his mate's death- "My death". Once he's on his feet he abruptly pulls me close to him, my left ear close to his heart whilst I'm feeling paralyzed by aghast, this ghostly aura feels so eerie amid my thoughts.

I feel him inhale my scent deeply, filling his lungs with it. I don't know what I hope he'll do after he realizes my scent is different from hers, wether he figures out that I'm not her or let my certainly different scent repulse him. "You no longer smell like lilies Amara, I suppose it's because of the change of environment." This sentence makes me realize that no matter what anybody says or do he won't believe that I am not Amara, he is going to provide a reason for every change he feels when with me. "Luna." I say out loud and when he hears me I feel his heart pick up its pace while mine is leveled. The two vampire men and his men are surrounding us and watching thoroughly, more intensely his pack warriors. All of a sudden I'm suffocating in defeat, a blanket of regret wraps around me completely, too hefty to lift for even if I succeed in killing him I won't be able to escape from his warriors. I know the burden of avenging your alpha, I know it very well so if I kill him I can bet everything in my name that I won't make it out of here alive.

When he clears his throat the sound grabs my attention breaking me from my reverie of thoughts, I look at him pitifully. The man is anguished by just an image of me, I remind him of his mate. The lust for his mate is what kept him alive. "You returned... You returned to me sweetheart." He whispers with sheer need and bliss. "The goddess guided you back to me, she made you come here do you see?" Unable to comprehend this daunting situation I move backwards and it makes him gawk at me like I just poured boiling water on him, however he conceals his expression the moment I notice it. "Forgive me, the pain tainted me." I have heard about creatures that find their deceased lovers in the bodies of others, not once did I think I'd fall victim to the tale. To me it sounded rather absurd, I mean how rare is it to be mistaken for somebody else's deceased mate? I shouldn't have shrugged the stories away without hearing the solution of the scandal. Well fuck me. Either I tell him I'm not who he thinks I am, which he won't believe or I tell him to kill the vampires chasing me. "Amara." He calls me, "come to me."

"The vampires chased me here trying to feed on me... Probably to abuse me as well." While turning them against each other seems like a good startegy it's not. He won't fight them, he is going to ask his men to do it for him but if they do fight I know the vampires are most likely to kill or injure a few of his wolves which gives me an advantage when trying to escape him, the number of them running after me will be lower. "I didn't know who she is Dean, and for a second it seems your men didn't know her as well. You can't blame for not knowing besides she killed my beautiful lady-" After he said that my false mate, Dean, looks at me with a raised brow perked in curiosity. I shrug him off because I know the woman still lives, it evokes a small smile from him as he turns to look at the vampire leader. "All right, let's call it luck, you did not harm her so leave my territory." Surrendering, the man nods while looking at me with despise, well the feeling's mutual I shoot him a glare which says that. Just as he looks like he's about to make a run for it he turns back at us and say, "Are you sure she's your mate Dean? With the dark eyes and powerful aura. Was your mate like this?" Dean doesn't respond with words but his growl makes the vampire and his friend leave our sight within a blink of an eye. Now it's only us werewolves. He signals his men to walk ahead of us by his head and I thank him for that mentally. It's only the two of us now, he goads me to movement too but I remain cemented on my spot. Just where the fuck is he taking me in this frightening night amid us? "What's the problem?"

"Do you feel it?" I question with measures not to draw his anger. Completely oblivious to my question he stares at me straight in the eyes for clarification, if my eyes were the window to my soul he could have seen it all, fuck off! Crafted on my face in a warning. "Do you feel the bond between us? The mate bond?" Taking a hold of my hand he touches me thinking I'll feel the sparks however I don't, I stare at him without uttering a word but waiting for an expression. Looking at me in confusion for a few seconds he then brings his hand to my neck pushing my hair from my neck line. I don't fight it.

There's no expression on his face, he's concrete, thinking of something that I desperately need to know of. "Your mark has disappeared." He whispers making me gasp then take a step behind him. Thinking that my gasp is because of disbelief he moves closer to me with a reassuring face. "Worry not, I will put it back there once we get back to the pack house. I've missed you so much," His hand touches my left cheek. Recognizing the meaning in his words my feelings refuse to accept him, his words. I wanted to keep up with his story but knowing that we are going to mate I can't bring myself to. "Come, let's go before bad things happen..." I want to ask what he means by bad things but I do not.

I don't, I only look at him pretending to be dumbfounded. "What's the matter love y," cutting him mid-sentence I say, "I am not your mate, I'm not Amara." His face doesn't contours to what I wanted it to be, he's oddly calm at my words, he pauses and takes a calming breath. I know a real alpha would've lashed out.

It seems I spoke too soon because his dominating aura started radiating off of him dangerous waves slapping me on my face to submission. Since we're both alphas I don't do that, I'm not willing to submit to him so I stand on my feet with no ounce of fear. "You are mine Amara." He hisses with rage coating his words and voice, by the shift in his irises I can tell his wolf is surfacing which won't be good for me. He unexpectedly speeds in front of me and for the third time this month lips of another unwanted person come in contact with my own. I think he knew that I was going to fight him because he immediately took my hands in his believing that I won't overpower him. My body was rigidly pressed close to his when he was just moving his lips against mine, I'm pushing him off but he fights me, my push is light because I don't want to hurt him, one word from him and his men will circle us. I think of plan B which is to kick him where the sun doesn't shine but events turn awry into a different direction...

While I thought I was going to kill him myself it turns out someone else decided beat me to it.

He was too lithe, even with my hearing I did not hear him come in sight however my wolf and beast recognized him, the smell of library books.

Behind Dean stands my mate in a dark cloak, brown attire with his eyes red like blood. Due to not expecting him to be here I release a shocked sound, stopping Dean from kissing me. The moment Dean turns behind to look at what has my attention my mate wraps his hand around his neck then pushes him to the tree bark, his bare back colliding with the tough grazing layer making him hiss. "She is mine!" My bestowed mate roars, "She belongs to the prince."

"Mine, Amara run!" Dean replies getting back on his feet. It looks like the push did no damage to his body but he's still shaking so he cannot properly stand on his own, my mate takes advantage of that and aims straight for his heart. I'm standing with different feelings moving inside me. I watch him pull his heart from his chest and drops it to the ground. "She's my betrothed." He declares with victory.

_______________________________________

Guess who was too busy and forgot to publish this in the morning yesterday, yea me.