TWENTY

CHAPTER 20
Author's POV

NEW ORLEANS 1897.
SUMMER, JULY 19.

The world always has been governed by laws, elected rulers had to keep a facade in order to be on top of the hierarchy and sadly, once given the reigning might the pretending breaks and we witness a devious monster. Laws never favoured all, only those with a lot on their name.

Humans are greedy creatures and they're very vile to all including one another. In this case humans were considered superior, which was not true as we all know that the supernaturals are above them and there's a vast difference in power between them and humans. But in order not to begin a war for power the supernaturals kept it to themselves and went about their lives without bothering anyone, only a few did but such was covered. However problems started to arise when werewolves started getting mated to humans, one alpha male was mated with a human from a noble family but instead of accepting the bond she was hard on him so due to his thin patience the alpha kidnapped the mate instead of waiting for her to accept him... After those unfortunate turn of events the human world shook with uncontrollable fear and so the children were taught about monsters who shift into humans and lure young females into the woods to kill them. Of course that was never proven correct but humans will say anything to cover missing pieces in a story.

Human laws never favoured the supernaturals too, each time the supernatural species tried living in peace together with the humans they'd take one step back and outcast them, viewing them as monsters and forgetting that he who treats a monster like a monster is one at heart.

Were-creatures vowed to not take humans as their mates in order to peacefully coexist with humans but sadly humans didn't want to live with what they couldn't understand so they dug into all the supernaturals world for information that could make coexisting unsuccessful... When they found out that vampires cannot survive without human blood they boomed in joy because to them it was a card they were forever going to pull.

Since vampires feed on humans and at times can get violet and be unable to control their thirst ending up killing them in the feeding process humans knew they've found the one thing to shun them. True as it is, a peaceful world where they all coexisted was needed as the constant wars gave the terrible results like loss of thousand of lives and destroyed lands which would cost a fortune to rebuild. Other supernaturals didn't have a problem with living in hiding, the only thing they needed was for vampires to stop interacting with humans but vampires were not very accepting to not the terms for if they are no longer able to have humans their entire existence will become extinct.

Without the vampire council knowing the other supernatural species agreed to the treaty, with the acceptance of vampires not contacting humans.

Once the information reached their ears they became livid and it all led to the rise of kidnappings, killings that were recorded as suicide and because of their atrocity the rest of the supernaturals turned their backs on vampires. Despite being turned away from by their own alliance they continued the kidnappings and those were only subliminal message threats which the government at the time did not seem to heed so a new alternative plan was decided.

After a decade of fighting for their rights on earth vampires decided to take matters into their own hands by forming alliances with dark witches who can kill with just a blink of an eye and werecats who live in the jungle and are the most powerful were creatures. If they couldn't have peace then the humans shouldn't either, what is coexistence when the other specie is unfavoured?

[%%|>>]

THE PRINCE was a wanderer, a man pursuing his foretold betrothed and this time he was in a small town in New Orleans. He and his father were never on good talking terms, hell it had been almost two decades since they last spoke and even before that he was never fond of his father nor was he accepting to the title he was born into. In the letter his mother wrote to him before she succumbed to her wounds there was a clue to his mate's whereabouts, and by the sound of it she knew more than she wrote him yet he was willing to search heaven and hell for her. The incoherent hint that was on one of the letter stated "She lives not far, not close either. Ye'll neglect mistress for she is thine enemy in flesh and in blood." The tale of a betrothed was placating as it fell on the young prince's ears from his mother's ears and on her deathbed he promised her that he will find her. His mother never stopped telling him the story, perhaps the woman is the reason he still lives. It had become his life goal to find the woman said to have been made for him, she who was made to complete him both in body and soul...