Four.

Chapter 4.
Nyx's POV

When the car came to a smooth halt in front of a big expensive and ancient gate with almost ten guards I knew that I was going to have the most awful day of my existence,  scratch the day I took over the pack.  Our vehicle was the one inspected the most, as if we'd have guns inside. Elena snorted.

My eyes beamed in the darkness that surrounded the car. I'm not scared, far from it. But the mere fact that mother gave me her necklace wrys me. As I'm seated here I'm wondering about my mate and his hefty allure. After so many years of telling myself I won't give in and I lose my wits like that?

I've felt pain but none like that agonizing burn in the pit of my stomach.

Drew's hand settled on mine for reassurance. I utterly loathe skin contact but I can use this sweet gesture at the moment. Albeit his is for something different, the vampires. If I lose control and Elena takes over they're going to think I'm threatening them. I can't risk shifting in front of all Alpha Kings and the council. I'll be stripped out of my title and be put to jail in a blink of an eye.

"You'll be fine." Drew said squeezing my hand again.

He doesn't know, I tell myself sympathetically. I am determined on solving this myself, if I tell someone else they'd stand in my way by convincing me to accept this mating. I can't risk that. The car started moving again, entering the humongous estate with ancient statues and many various trees at its surrounding. This is my first time being here and quite oddly I'm impressed. I stared outside watching the scenery change, all the colours have a dark hue. The trees possess a dark vibrant green, the barks hold a silver enhanced grey while the sky has no moon tonight. No stars. It's just dark and I like it.

"I've been meaning to ask, why do you have a masquerade mask?" Drew brings me out of my thoughts. When I finally process his words I touch the said material then look at him bemused. "I- I thought it's a masquerade p... Isn't it?"

"No, Alpha." He watches my reaction, the unravelling whirlwind of emotions that he thinks I'm no good in controlling. Taming them for a second I remain stoic but I can feel my mood darkening and dampening everybody's else's in the car. The driver's heart beat has gained momentum. "Right." I heave a breath putting the mask away. The beta watches me throughout the entire joyrney to the house with curiosity. I find it quite strange but I'm shrugging it off because of mother's recent presence. The car finally halts in front of the eyes which made my eyes darken. If that's even possible.

The chauffer opens the door ftom Drew's side. He exists first, once he's outside he smiles sheepily at me then extends his hand for me to take. I inhale a breath again to soothe the human inside me since my two animals are relaxed. Our hands meet, he helps me get out of the car. One step forward and I'm on a tiled shiny floor. Thankful for that.

Looking around I'm shocked to see the number of people in here from my side of the world. The Alpha Kings, eveyone from the council and the enforcers. A tug on my dress made me divert my attention from wandering. "We probably should go inside now." At those words, Elena stirred in the back of my mind and my beast wiggled her tail as she stood.

Please don't, I plead in my mind. Not again, I beg. My beast rolls her eyes at my words while my wolf continues sleeping comfortably with her chin on her paws. Mustering a smile, I nod at him goading him to move. He doesn't let go of my hand, he holds it tightly for reassurance. When we get to the flight of stairs leading us to the door I pause.

They're so grand and well polished, they'd look good decorated with the Prince and King's blood.

Indeed. My beast said encouragingly. Drew looks at me questioning the smile spreading on my face and I shrug, ready to walk inside and cause havoc.