NINE.

New cover alert!

Chapter Nine.
Nyxs' POV

"Alpha's coming." A whisper from a young girl drew my attention from my original path. I thoughtfully took the eastern route knowing that I won't be noticed. From this side I can easily manouevre to my house, I don't know how that little girl saw me. I suppose the universe isn't done trying to mock me. It's Corinne. Drew said in mind link once he saw the hesitation written on my face. Although I woke up not long ago I'm tired and I feel like crap from the inside, it's as if my skin is tainted and I need to scrub myself. There's an internal battle that I can't seem to decipher why it's occuring and how I can possibly halt it without harming any of my animals. "What's the meaning of this ruckus?" I asked.

"She fainted!" A male voice spoke amid the crowd once I was at a close distance. Everyone was crowded in front of the pack house in silence yet holding frightened stances. I thought that's where her body laid but when I arrived I didn't see her. It seems she's nowhere in sight. "We were running patrol and she just," Connor threw his hands in the air then went on, "Switched from human." He shook his head expressing sadness. "And she collapsed with a screeching wail-" One of the guys who I suppose was also with her added. The human in me wanted to go back to the house and get out of these clothes first. I have no doubt my mate's scent still covers me, his vampire scent must still be lingering. Albeit a part of me is certain that he was wise to conceal himself with whatever magic or witchcraft he uses. Even so, the male scent still blankets me. "...then she started shaking and thrashing all over."

"It was awful." Someone concluded making silence fall among the small crowd. My mind was too disturbed to even make up a mere sentence. I simply made my way through the people to the house to see what's happening myself. Everyone followed me silently. "So you want to see her?" Drew asked from beside me and I nodded. "Terrible idea boss lady, maybe you should ring you know who." My eyes widened in aghast at how he figured out they're mates. In response the nitwit gave me a lopsided smile then blew me a kiss. I was still thinking of the reasons she'd just faint besides Emma when a voice from a person descending the stairs said, "I bet it's because of your sister!" The female voice held so much hatred and pain it made me turn to face the person who spoke with no second thought. Corinne's older sister Dahlia was the one descending holding a stare directed at me. I gritted my teeth at her disrespect then turned away avoiding an unnecessary fit. "It was Alpha Nyx! Why can't she just, settle it once and for all!? My sister is hurting because of yours and that's not right!" Instead of keeping silent she continued speaking, testing my patience.

Luna of wolves, help me tame my beast.

The room was as silent as death while gazes burned me from all sides waiting for my actions. It didn't take seconds til my mood darkened weighing the ambiemce heftily. My eyes shifted colour and this time I didn't fight it. I am too drained from holding back two primal beings from earlier with my mate. "What does that mean? Is it my fault my older sister is playing hard to get? Does their mate ship concern me Dahlia? If you, her sister-" My beast took over and so the voice that spoke was gruffier than mine. "Couldn't help your younger sister do you think that I have any power over my older sister?"

"You're an alpha." She continued talking back at me. Growling I sped to her and paused in front of her form towering her. "What was that?" Three voices spoke in me at once.

"Nyx?"

"Know your place Dahlia." Drew started behind me, hearts picking their beating speed entered my ears making me turn around to look at the people. "Alpha... She's probably just livid. Leave her. Dahlia..." He goaded her by his head to move away from me. Nodding she went out the kitchen door. I still have control on my beast, she's just pissing me off more and more.