ELEVEN

Chapter 11
Nyx's POV

My grandmother had two children, Andrian and Aphrodite.

Aphrodite was my father's younger sister. It was said that they were inseparable since birth, dad would always protect her just like any brother would his sister. Their bond was deeper than any norm could understand since they were twins.

In a prophesy it was stated that a pair of siblings will be born into a strong family, both parents regal and from a strong bloodline, they will be bestowed a mate and their mateship will shake the world. The people believed that the pair was my father and his sister so they were treated like royalties everywhere. I never really pondered on how it'd work. Staying quiet when the story was being told was always the best decision. My father however found mother first and when he brought her home, unconscious might I add, people were euphoric and they rejoiced. To Aphrodite it was going to be a surprise. Sadly, if I may add glitter on this complicated story, my mother wasn't her mate but only his. That made the people shame aunt Aphrodite by calling her names. The future alpha, my Father, fought against every vile word thrown at his sister and he swore he'd kill everyone daring to hurt her.

Her older brother saw her fight as his. Like anyone from a high rank he too had a thin patience and once angered you'd wish for quick death if you're the victim.

He was the perfect brother and that made aunt Aphrodite love him with every bit of her heart.

When Aunt Aphrodite's mate came into picture their bond didn't waver, it didn't succumb to anything.

My father's passing might have broken me but it consumed my aunt to the grave. Three months after I left rumors reached me saying her health was deteriorating, she started hallucinating and having break downs that not even her mate could control. She died the day my father was buried, she followed a year after he was killed.

Aunt Aphrodite was Drew's Mother, today marks the anniversary she died and was buried. The day my father was buried too...  

After departing from the pack house I went in search for Drew but I didn't find him anywhere which filled me with concern so I went to his father's house in search for him. His father was in the garden holding his deceased mate's favourite flowers, that instantly brought clarity to my head and it dawned in on me what day today is.

A bigger part of me didn't want to follow Drew but I did. I went to the graveyard, where the alpha's family, the beta's and gamma's are buried. Ever since my father died I've never visited. I'm not ashamed of that, I couldn't force myself to come to this site, it reeks of decaying bodies and the smell unsettles me.

As the only child Drew was devastated by her death. Unlike me he was spoiled from the day he uttered "mama ee papa," so when we were growing up he he used to bake in the kitchen with his mother while my father taught me chess and how to tame my beast for survival. It was hell but definitely worth it. Drew wasn't weak per say but he wasn't strong either which made people take advantage of him for being mommy's baby when we were young. He didn't fight back, that wasn't what his mother taught him. Out of pity I made it my job to protect him, so as long as he was with the alpha's daughter he was safe and nobody would dare mess with the alpha's daughter. Unfortunately circumstances forced me to leave the pack for proper training after my father's death meaning I had to leave him behind to fight his own battles.

When I returned to the pack Drew was the best warrior in the pack. I was more than proud at how my cousin turned so I asked him to be my beta. His mother's death broke him and the thought that he couldn't aid her in anyway shattered him even more.

Still that doesn't stop him from visiting her grave every month.

Call me coward but I don't do that... I cannot will myself to mourn my father's head.