Chapter TWENTYSEVEN

Hello loves. Thank you for your patience. I know it's been months since I've published anything. Here's chapter 27. I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 27
Nyx's POV

Momentarily after he went off I followed. My wolf placid while my beast basked pure happiness.

I dreamt of him.

Killing for me.

Only to kill me.

But what shook me was not the concept of dreaming about him but rather, the context within what I witnessed.

We were at war with each other, I remember we stood there, my wolf transitioning to the stark naked human... Three footsteps and I'd be within reach. The snow beneath my feet insinuated it's winter. Six months from now. And I had not seen a creation as majestic and devious as him. Standing tall with blood decorating his very being and his orbs mimicking the colour. For a while we stood watching each other.

With the two of us standing in front of one another both our warriors stood silent waiting for their next command.

He was first to fall on his knees, looking directly in my eyes he says, "Can't do it!" Loud enough for every supernatural to hear him. Upon. hearing such my quick reaction was of watercolour eyes. His words doing wonders to my young heart, Murmurs were heard near and far where warriors heaved and yowled. What he said felt like no lie, my heart swelled in awe of the man I was witnessing so I kneeled and wrapped my arms around him, my nakedness making me feel pleasure once our skin contacted.

He welcomes me in his embrace and I reward him with a kiss. Parting to look at him I whisper, "I lov-" I remember my lips got ready to pronounce the feelings I was wrapped in due to our our little moment. Unfortunately my words were stripped out of me by a wounded breath because of a stab from behind, the source of it being some sort of burning knife. I yowled in pain. So much pain running through my blood, abruptly shifting into my wolf due to shook and bewilderment. I can recall the bewildered sounds Elena kept making, our mate now out of sight as we laid there. Soon enough I became just a memory to supernatural world since my mate killed me. I went blank only to find myself alone in bed and sweaty.

I don't know if I should be glad or not for not finding him here with me. He killed us! Elena roars as loud as she can. Livid like an alpha wolf. My ears start ringing and I try sitting up thinking perhaps the dream has affected me psychologically too. My attempt to do so remains futile.

"The f$ck." I say out loud feeling my body unresponsive. Almost too soon the door opens catching my gaze. Seeing the image of the person at the door my heart palpitates from the sight of my worried mate standing by the door... I would have preferred the other mate but not, "Kai." I whispered before blacking out.

/&&&}

I remember constantly waking for merely seconds, the first time I saw Kai arguing with a doctor. Then he was on the phone yelling, the following time he was holding my vampire mate by his clothing and then I woke up to peace...

Kai was working on his laptop with shirt undone sitting on a chair. It seems he has been staying here for a while. I dreaded the following moments. The pending talk he and I have because I know he's not a patient man so he's bound to force me to let out everything. In my pack I am the boss but everywhere else he has all the natural control and I cannot shun it.

I tried talking but nothing came out due to my throat being hoarse. Trying again and again with futile results I end up thrashing trying to get out of whatever the fuck was tying me down.