TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER 22
Nyx's POV

I was in serenity, entranced by the beautiful wildflowers which danced with every hum of the wind that sang a melancholy. By my side two beautiful twin sisters- one with beautiful sapphire eyes and the other with fiery eyes that remind me of a sacred ruby played. The way they spoke to one another reminded me of Emma. We were in a blooming garden and I was picking flowers with them, I was not just watching them but I was physically present and shockingly I was enjoying every moment of their time with me. They didn't tell me their names, maybe that's because I didn't ask them but I had a feeling that I'll be seeing them again.

We walked around the garden for hours, humming to songs, picking different flowers and plucking some of them in their hair. They were clinging to my clothes so desperately, trying to have all my attention albeit far in the corners of my mind I could feel the exhaustion and anger consuming every inch of my body. I was- I am drained however I didn't have it in me to leave these two by their lonesome. When I asked what we're doing here they told me that they followed me after seeing me leave the house angrily. "You were fuming, it's our job to make you happy." The one with the red eyes said, I noticed that she's the talkative one while the other prefers holding my hand and tugging me by my dress to get my attention- Luna of wolves I am wearing an ankle length dress with sandals. Upon looking at my attire I cringe, finally convinced that I'm in someone else's body. There's no way in hell I'd wear this! Goddess, I must look hideous.

Picking flowers is not part of my hobby nor is it something I'd do to ease my thoughts, I spend most of my time doing pack works and when I get tired I merely read a book or go to Jazz's pack for entertainment.

This picture is new to me yet I can't seem to bring myself to ask the little girls more questions about what's occurring, so I bask in the comfort they bring to me for I know once I leave this sanctuary I'm going to be brought back to the forest, no man's land, in the presence of my mate. Halting, I place my hand on my chest as I feel someone clawing at my mind. I want to let them in, but a bigger feeling has me huffing and turning off mind links.

Strange.

This must be some sort of dream, wherein I have taken over someone else's body. If I was able to hear my mate and his lover as if I'm in the same room with them I'm pretty sure taking over someone's body is possible as well.

But, why?

Despite my feelings towards the kids the more I glance at their identical faces the blurrier the image of who they remind me of becomes. Perhaps they're Kai and I's children? I look down at our now joined hands and a smile spreads on my face, suddenly the thought of having our own family doesn't bother me.

Although, another unsettling feeling creeps in on me slowly and ready to dampen my mood... There is no way in seven hells the two of us would give birth to kids with these kind of features. They are vastly different than us, so I start to think to myself, what if these are Katherine and my mates' children and I'm in her body?

Suddenly I start feeling wrathful, gone is the image of a happy family that I was just conjuring not long ago. I try not to let it foul my mood furthermore so I concentrate on my surroundings.

As I try not to let these disturbing thoughts bother me I begin to feel my body getting withdrawn from my ambience which causes me to come to a pause, heaving. I gulp down an empty lump as my body starts to wither away and as I glance down at their faces I saw it holds immense sadness which they try covering up with a small genuine smile. The two of them smile at me, though red eyes acts brave and keeps her face solid green eyes looks straight at me pleadingly with one hand on her chest and the other in her sister's trying with difficulty not to cry. Both of them say, "We can't wait to meet you." I was just about to ask them what they mean by that until I was thrown back to the grounds of earth.