Chapter 16

The sound of the computer ringing catches everyone's attention, "Ryuzaki, apparently Sakura TV has just received another message from the second Kira" Watari announced, making Light madder. "It was postmarked on the 23rd" Watari finished, making Light stand up, after gently moving (Y/n) off his lap.

"I'm happy to say that I have found Kira, to all people of the television station and the police department, I'd like to thank you very much" the message played, making Light shocked. 'I-Impossible! Where?! In Aoyama? His Shinigami... It must have seen Ryuk and picked me out of the crowd. No, there is no way he could've known who Ryuk is attached to, I have to ask (Y/n) later about seeing a Shinigami' Light thought, giving (Y/n) a side glance.

While Light is thinking this, he isn't thinking about the issue of being figured out by L. 'If this is true, the only possible event that would correspond with this tape, being made on the 23rd, is the entry regarding Aoyama on the 22nd. The only ones on the task force that went to Aoyama were (Y/n) and Light Yagami. Is Light really Kira after all? If so, then (Y/n) is in a lot of danger' L thought, worried for the female.

This goes on to argue about if the second Kira made contact with the original Kira, while they argue, Light sits back down and brings (Y/n) back to his lap. "At this point, I don't think we should jump to any conclusions, the second Kira is only saying that he found him, nothing more, he may not have made contact yet," L said while stirring his drink.

"Now that it's come to this, we have no choice but to communicate as the police, directly with the second Kira," L said seriously. "You want to send a message?" (Y/n) asks L, not liking the idea, "yes, the police needs to reach out to the copycat and offer him a deal. We need to negotiate with him to see if we can get Kira's real name" L said while answering (Y/n)'s question.

Ryuk then started laughing at the situation Light is in, "that's the last thing you wanted to hear, right?" Ryuk said in amusement. Light tightens his hold on (Y/n) in anger, but not enough to hurt her, as the situation isn't going his way, worried about the consequences of the police's message.

At night, (Y/n) is watching the news in Light's room, listening to the police's message, "if Kira doesn't yet know your name, it may not be too late for you. Provided that you are willing to cooperate" the TV message said, "whatever you do, you must not approach Kira out of curiosity, make no mistake. Kira will kill you if you contact him, you'll be used and disposed of, consider your own life for a moment, yours like every other life has interest and value" the TV message continued.

"Now is your chance to right past wrongs by sharing what you know about Kira, only you can help us bring his reign of terror to an end" the TV message finished. Suddenly they hear a doorbell, "Liiight~!" Sayu calls from downstairs, her voice getting louder as she gets closer to his room, something about a notebook.

"Stay here (Y/n), I'll go see who it is," Light said, leaving (Y/n) in his room to go to the front door. It took a while, but eventually (Y/n) hears two sets of feet walking up the stairs. "Who was it Light?" (Y/n) asks him, only to see him open the door for Misa.

Misa didn't like that (Y/n) is in Light's room, but she has to comply with Kira, "have a seat" Light said to Misa. "Oh... Uhm... Thank you" Misa said with shyness, trying to act innocent. Light takes a seat on his bed, grabbing (Y/n)'s hand to make her sit on his lap, while Misa takes the chair.

"How did you find me?" Light says, getting straight to the point, ignoring the glare Misa is giving (Y/n). Misa then gasps "I knew it! You never made the Shinigami eye deal, when you have the Shinigami eyes, as I do, you can see most people's names and lifespans just by looking at them" Misa said.

"However, you can't see the lifespans of any person who possesses a Death Note" Misa finishes. "Huh... (Y/n) why didn't you tell me this?" Light asks her, "well... Uhm... You never asked" (Y/n) mumbled out. Then Light glares at Ryuk, "no kidding? I have to admit, even I wasn't aware of that little detail" Ryuk said.

"Though, I have to ask, how come your lifespan is question marks?" Misa asks (Y/n), making (Y/n) confused. "Question marks? Uhm... I'm not quite sure... Maybe it has to do with my ability to see Shinigamis without touching the notebook" (Y/n) mumbled out, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Well, now you've managed to find me, but you were careless, what if you've been caught by the police? Then they'd know everything about Kira" Light said to Misa with a glare. "It's alright because the police didn't catch me, and if I do as you say for now on, they'll never be able to, so we're safe" Misa said back, making Light annoyed.

"After all, don't you need someone to see L's name? If you want, I could be your eyes... So..." Misa said, not finishing her sentence. "Yeah? So what?" Light asks annoyed, and a bit demandingly, "would you please make me your girlfriend?!" Misa asks with a blush.

"Huh? Girlfriend?" Light asks her, to confirm he heard her right, "yes" Misa says confidently while giving (Y/n) an evil smirk. "Sorry, but I'll pass on the girlfriend part, I have (Y/n) to fit that role just fine," Light said while gently patting (Y/n)'s head. 'Just because I have my Goddess, doesn't mean I can't manipulate her, I have to play this right' Light thought.

"Plus it's impossible, the day you and I were in Aoyama, there were three times the usual number of surveillance cameras around" Light testified. "Anyone who was in Aoyama on the 22nd would've definitely been caught on camera, that includes me. If you and I were seen together it wouldn't look very good, in fact, even being here together right now is a problem" Light said.

"I wished you'd understand that" Light finished, while Misa pulls something out of her purse. "But look, these are pictures of me when I went to Aoyama that day," Misa said while showing herself dressed as some random person. "What about your fingerprints? All those tapes you sent to the TV station, they all had the same fingerprints on them" Light argues.

"Yeah, but those aren't my fingerprints, it's not like I do these things without thinking about them first" Misa argued back, quite mad that she got insulted. The argument goes back and forth, "if you still don't trust me... Then here, I'll even let you hold onto my Death Note" Misa said while holding out the Death Note.

'Why would she go this far? I already have my Goddess, I need to be more convincing' Light thought, "but you might've removed several pages from your Death Note, you could be hiding them somewhere for all I know" Light accused. Suddenly Misa stands up abruptly to show she can be trusted, almost sounding like she is about to cry.

Now Misa is going on about her backstory, and how Kira means everything to her, she felt like she was in a scene from One Punch Man. At least the backstory was less than 20 words and got straight to the point, suddenly Light stands up, after gently getting (Y/n) off his lap, to go hug Misa.

"I understand, I can't be your boyfriend, but we can act like close friends, the length you went to meet me. To be of help to me, your eyes that you sacrificed half your life to get will become my weapon" Light says seriously. "Thank you so much, I'll try my hardest to make you love me, I promise," Misa said while hugging Light back, giving (Y/n) a glare.

While her back is turned, Light has this psychotic look in his eyes, 'no, you can't make me, because I'm devoted to my Goddess, but, you will be a lovely scapegoat' Light thought with a smirk. 'Now I don't have to make my pure Goddess kill anyone, first I will kill off the entire task force, along with L. Then I will kill Misa, after all, I don't want to make my Goddess jealous' Light thought, while still hugging Misa.