Light Yagami x Reader

On the day of L and Watari's funeral commenced, the police force attended it, along with the special police force that was on the Kira case. The only one who wasn't there was (Y/n), who refused to leave her room, which worried Light, but he had to attend the funeral to keep up appearances.

"I should've done something... He's a murderer... Why did I not tell him... I... I killed him..." (Y/n) mumbled to herself. Ryuk watched (Y/n) mumble to herself in worry, he would never admit it, but he cares about (Y/n) in some sense. "Now, that's not true, you didn't kill him" Ryuk pointed out, but he was ignored.

(Y/n) is so distracted with her thoughts that she didn't hear Light enter her room, she only snapped out of it when her head was touched. She snapped her head away from the touch, quickly turning her head to the source, her eyes looked bloodshot while staring at Light.

"Darling... You're worrying me, being cooped up in your room will do you no good" Light said worriedly. A dark shadow covered (Y/n)'s eyes, and suddenly she tries to attack Light. "YOU KILLED HIM! YOU MURDERER!" (Y/n) yelled out while knocking Light to the floor.

"(Y/N)! CALM DOWN! YOU'RE NOT IN YOUR RIGHT MIND! JUST CALM DOWN!" Light announced while the special police force ran into her room. They somehow got (Y/n) off of Light, and they had to drag her off to a locked room, for her own safety and others.

'Good... Now that she can no longer leave... And is seen as an insane person... I can kill the others without her being in the way. Don't worry my love, this is only temporary, once everything calms down, you will be by my side to rule this new world!' Light thought with an evil smirk.

Light made his way to the lobby, taking a seat where L once sat, thinking up a plan to get rid of everyone. "Light, what do you think we should do?" Matsuda questioned, as they have no leads to who the actual Kira is. "I say, we try to make a connection, and start making leads to who we suspect" Light announced, ready to set a plan to get rid of Misa.

"I should be able to transfer the system and most of the information out of here by tonight. It's weird though... I almost feel as if I'm stealing... I've created a voice filter identical to the one Ryuzaki used, we can use it to make the police think he's still alive, and give them orders. Like we've been doing so far, but... Who's going to take the place of L?" Light questioned.

"Come on, what are you talking about, Light? You're the only one who can take on the role of L" Matsuda pointed out. "I agree with Matsuda, Light you really are the only one who could do this" Aizawa chimed in before Light could protest. "That's right, even Ryuzaki said so himself!" Matsuda added in, giving more reasons as to why Light should be L.

It was decided, Light became the new L, just like he had planned, and (Y/n) had no say in it. "I also want to have an apartment of my own, so that I can pull this off in the comfort of my own home, and not have anyone around. I also want (Y/n) there, under my supervision" Light asked subtly.

"I suppose I can let you move out on your own, but are you sure you want to watch over (Y/n)? She tried attacking you" Soichiro inquired, worried for the safety of his son. "I am positive, it's not healthy always staying in a cage, it will be better for her," Light said. "Well... Alright, but if anything happens, just call me immediately" Soichiro demanded.

Eventually, everything was set into place, Light bought himself an apartment, and confined (Y/n) to the place. While (Y/n) has her own room, the task force uses the other rooms as their place of operations. But during that whole conversation, Soichiro somehow ended up hiding the notebook.

Unknown to all of them, Light has another notebook, who he used to kill off Wedy in a motorcycle accident. The news was that she crashed her motorcycle, and it burst into flames. He then killed off Aiber who died in his own home in front of his wife and child. Along with killing off the Yotsuba group through heart attacks, leaving no one alive.

Soichiro decided to exchange the rest of his life for a pair of Shinigami eyes, just to figure out who Kira is. In his dying moment, Light made sure that his father saw his lifespan. This instantly cleared Light's name from the suspect board, which made it so much easier to kill people freely.

A month after they died, Matsuda got into a massive accident, sending his car into a lake, and drowned in his car. Then they got the news that Aizawa was in a train shooting, getting shot in the chest, and instantly dying. Due to this news, Mogi decided to suicide, leaving only Misa, Light, and (Y/n).

"That day... Light Yagami became a police officer for the public appearance, while in private, he is a killer. He increased his masses of murdering criminals, soon it was known that certain nations began to accept his judgment. The world descended into a dark era, in which Kira's will is the law" (Y/n) mumbled while writing in her journal, forever trapped in the apartment.

In the background, there is a TV playing, showing the news of Misa Amane's execution, being labeled as the real Kira. "This is an example of what we do with killers! Kill her! Kill Kira!" The news announced, ready to execute the killer. (Y/n) quickly turned off the TV, not wanting to see how they kill Misa, it's such a shame Rem isn't here to protect Misa.

"Now... I am trapped here, in this damn apartment... With the killer" (Y/n) mumbled out, ending her journal. On cue, Light walked in with a bag of food in hand. "My Goddess, I brought home some food, now where is my welcome home kiss?" Light asked with a love-sick smile.