Chapter 59

The sound of an alarm clock is heard throughout the bedroom, only to be turned off by Teru Mikami. He got up to do his normal routine, making breakfast and washing his face, then packing up for work. On his train ride to work, he witnesses little kids roughhousing another, their laughter distinguishes that they aren't bullying the kid.

Having enough of the roughhousing, Teru places a hand on one of the kids, gaining their attention. Eventually, the train dropped him off at his stop, and he walked into work, grabbing a book from the shelves. After some decent amount of work, he went to the roof to eat his lunch.

'The only people who understood my hopes... Made my ally, was a woman who raised me, and an old childhood friend. My mother... And (Y/n), no... Rather it used to be those two...' Teru thought, with a sad longing look. 'My mother was wrong... She didn't side with justice... And (Y/n)... She moved a long time ago...' Teru thought, with a sad sigh.

'The only miracle was that 4 of the worse delinquents from my school lost control of their car, while they were joyriding. They died instantly, one by standard was killed as well, that by standard was my mother. In one fell swoop, all the people I resented had been deleted' Teru reminisced.

'At first, I was terrified, I couldn't stop shaking, but then... It hit me, with these people out of the picture, how many others would benefit as a result? Wouldn't (Y/n) be happier now that they were gone? Sure enough, I was right, (Y/n) stopped getting bullied, and the class became a joyful peaceful place' Teru thought with pride.

'Ah... (Y/n), if only you could be by my side, and witness my good deeds, but... That monster you call a mother took you away from me' Teru thought angrily, accidentally crushing his recyclable cup. 'I became a prosecutor, it's the role of prosecutor to see that evil is brought to justice, it's an ideal job for me... And then... God came before me' Teru thought.

'I made sure to frequent places God would be watching, and then it happened... God had recognized me! As I always hoped, not only that! He shared his power with me, to eliminate evil!! With this, it doesn't matter if I can't hear his voice, I shall figure out, what Kira wants, and carry out his will. (Y/n)... If only God would let us cross paths again, then it would be a true miracle' Taru thought in satisfaction, happy that his vision is becoming a reality.

"Delete, delete, delete, delete" Teru chanted every time he wrote down someone's name, it's such a shame he doesn't remember (Y/n)'s mother's name. But, figuring out her name isn't Teru's priority, as he knows that it won't bring (Y/n) closer to him, so he continues to follow Kira's will.

"Extra, extra! There's a new development in the Kira case! He's chosen a new spokesperson to take Demigawa's place!" Matsuda said as he approached the couch where (Y/n) is sitting at. Light turned on the TV, only to see a woman he's been constantly seeing in class, he even went on a few dates with her.

"Good evening, this is Kiomi Takada, from NHN, starting today it will be my duty to spread the word of Kira, accurately and quickly. From now on, any channels..." Kiyomi continues, but it was drowned out by Matsuda being weird again. "Kira's got good tastes" Matsuda commented cheekily, but no one really paid attention to his comment.

"Hey Light, do you know her?" (Y/n) questioned from her seat, away from Light. "Hm? Oh, yeah, we used to date in University, before I started dating you" Light answered with a reassuring smile. His smile then turned into a satisfied smirk from seeing the doubt on Aizawa's face.

"Everyone, I just had an idea, I was thinking we can make use of Kiyomi Takada. Like I told (Y/n), I knew her back at the university, she and I were actually dating for a little while" Light admitted. "If she's acting as his spokesperson, she must be receiving orders from him, she's in contact with Kira somehow. I believe that the best bet is to find a connection to Kira, through her" Light suggested.

"But, Taki is probably doing it because Kira is threatening her, right? She might be too scared to help us out in our investigation" (Y/n) pointed out, hoping to keep Kiyomi out of a horrible situation. "I'm not too worried about that, I know her current cellphone number, I'm pretty sure I can convince her once we get talking" Light reassured.

"Talking to her will be easy, but the real challenge will be to get her to help us find and arrest Kira. We used to talk about a lot of different topics, while we were in college, and one thing was clear. She worships Kira" Light revealed, shocking Aizawa from learning the information.

"But... We might be able to use that to our advantage... The police claim they support Kira but aren't doing anything, one way or another. So, I'll reveal that I've joined the police, and as her what we can do to help Kira further, to her, it will sound like a good idea. She will help assist us, as long as I pretend it's for Kira's benefit" Light suggested.

"Do you think that'll work?" (Y/n) questioned, trying to place doubt within the group. "I'm not entirely sure, but it's worth a try at least" Light counteracted. "I agree, it's hard not to pass up a lead like this," the policeman said, finalizing everyone's decision. "In that case, I'll call her tonight" Light offered, as he took out his phone, turning around to open it.

"Light, if you don't mind, I'd like to listen in your conversation with Takada" Aizawa politely ordered. "Of course, that's fine with me, actually it's better if you do if she lets slip something about Kira, it'd be best if more than one of us is listening" Light reasoned.