Chapter 61

'All the pieces have fallen into place, now that things come this far, it's my turn to go to Japan' Near thought, while building a paper model of a building. "Commander Rester, I'm afraid I need you to return to New York immediately" Near commanded. "Right now?" The Commander questioned in disbelief, "yes, I'm intending to go to Japan" Near informed.

"Alright, so you'd like me to stay in New York, while you're gone?" The Commander asked, believing that's what Near wants. "Not at all," Near said, ruling out that belief, "then, what's the point in me coming back there?" The Commander questioned. "Truth is, I've never made travel arrangements or boarded a flight on my own before, I want you to escort me" Near informed.

"We got 'em! Both Yoshida Productions and NHN are practically begging us now! The great Misa Misa comeback plan was a huge success! (Y/n), look how cute you look in these photos, it was so worth it, you taking Misa's place" Matsuda announced.

"These days it's nearly impossible for anyone to get into NHN, but this will get us full access" the police commented. "Yeah that's right, but did we have to use (Y/n) to take Misa's place?" Light questioned, as he didn't agree to let (Y/n) do this plan alone.

"I haven't helped this team as much as I should, with you and Misa under surveillance, it's best I go in" (Y/n) reassured. "Fine, but in the meantime, I'll continue investigating Takada," Light said reluctantly. Suddenly, the computer ringed, showing that Near is calling them.

"This is Near, I want to speak to L" Near informed, "this is L, what is it you want from us?" Light questioned, as he quickly answered. "I'm following through with my goal to arrest Kira, and that's why I'm in Japan now" Near informed, which confused Light.

"L, I presumed you already contacted Takada for the purposes of your own investigation," Near said, surprising everyone that Near knew that information. "That's right, in fact, I'm investigating her myself, at the moment" Light informed, "I see... For the time being, it's a given that we want to get any closer to catching Kira, we'll have to keep a close eye on Kiyomi Takada" Near stated.

"I want you to pass on a message, inform her that as of now, several SPK members have entered Japan, in order to catch and arrest Kira" Near ordered. "Huh? But, why do that?" Light questioned, confused why Near wants to tell Kiyomi that information.

"To lure Kira out of hiding" Near revealed, shocking Light at Near's plan. "I also want you to mention the following to her, so she'll relay it to Kira. In total there are only 4 active members of the SPK, which includes me, Kira won't be able to resist such an opportunity. Knowing him, he won't run, instead, he'll try to kill us before we get too close, and that's where I'll beat him at his own game" Near informed, purposely revealing his plan.

Near hung up the phone, knowing full well that he pissed Kira off, but that's what he wanted. 'It's all becoming clear to me, from the very beginning, and even now, it's been a one-on-one fight against L. And even though he's dead, the battle just shifted to his heirs. Alright Near, I'll come to play, it's only fair, and when we meet, we'll see which of us is truly prepared to win!' Light thought confidently.

'When that happens, this long battle will end, and I can finally begin my reign at the top! With (Y/n) by my side' Light thought, quite eager to win Near's game. (Y/n) watches in worry, as she has no way of contacting Near, without Light finding her suspicious, all she can do is watch the battle from the sidelines.

"First, let's review what we know so far" Near stated, as he has a box of lego people, picking one up. "L is Light Yagami, and he's also Kira," Near said while writing down Kira on the lego person. "For now, we'll call him L-Kira, there's also another one, someone who has the notebook and is currently using it," Near said as he looked over to another lego man, with an X-Kira on it, and lego notebook in hand.

"We'll call him X-Kira, judging by the pattern of X-Kira's killings, he's definitely made the deal, and acquired the Shinigami eyes. X-Kira and L-Kira can't communicate directly, they must be planning to communicate using Takada as a go-between" Near informed as he drew on the ground, with arrows pointing towards 3 different lego people.

"So... Given the situation as it now stands, there are two ways to win against Kira. One, the simple way" Near said, as he held a fake gun at the lego person, shooting it down, and then did the same for the other lego person. "We arrange to kill both L-Kira, and X-Kira, and confiscate the notebook, and save (Y/n)" Near said while holding up a lego person and a lego notebook.

"However, no matter what might happen, we will never resort to that" Near informed, confusing the Commander. "Why's that?" The Commander asked, "that's not the way we work, Commander" Near informed. "We, Sir?" The Commander questioned, while near got low to the ground to stare at the lego pieces.

"Yes, that's right, we kill those two and the murders stop, such expose factor justification will not be tolerated," Near said, giving a better explanation. "That's not the way L and I do things because that would be an insult, don't forget, L entrusted this case to those who came after him" Near informed, while gently clutching the lego person (Y/n) was visualized as.