Chapter 72

"You're mistaken, it's all thanks to Mello, I believe if I explained this much, you'd begin to understand," Near said while holding up a toy that looks like Mello. "Please take a look at this page of the notebook," Near said as he flipped to a page that has Takada's death written on it.

Light looked to Mikami in disbelief, 'Takada's name is in the notebook, I was the one who killed her. But her death was written there just one minute later. Does that mean Mikami did the same thing I did?!' Light thought in anger. "U-Uh... God... You told me you couldn't move freely, I had to make sure Takada was taken care of!" Mikami said, trying to make an excuse.

'YOU IDIOT!! I gave you strict orders not to make any unnecessary movements until today!!' Light thought angrily, as his whole plan was ruined by Mikami. "That's all true, on the 26th, right after Takada's kidnapping was broadcast on the News, Mikami went to the bank" Near informed.

"I've been trailing him, I knew he went to the bank every month on the 25th, so bazaar, for someone so mitotic to go to the bank twice in two days. I followed Mikami to the bank as he headed to the safety deposit boxes, it was only at this time that he seemed concerned whether someone was following him or not" Jivany explained.

"I got him to his safe deposit box, inside was the real notebook, sure enough, Takada's name has already been written inside it," Jivany said, as he finished his explanation. "Do you understand now, Light Yagami? You didn't realize that Mikami made a move on his own and wrote Takada's name in his notebook. Because you've already killed her, using a notebook clipping yourself" Near pointed out.

"This was the event that there may be a possibility of a fake notebook, we were able to stop you, thanks to the efforts of one person, which was Mello, who did it all" (Y/n) added in. "I bet Mello knew in his heart, that working by ourselves, neither of us would attain our goal, and surpass our mentor, L," Near said, remembering Mello agreeing to help them.

"But... Together... Together we can stand with L! Together we surpass L! And now! Acting as one! We face the Kira who defeated L, and with solid evidence, beat him at his own game! Let's see you talk your way out of this one... Monster" (Y/n) announced quite rudely.

"haha... Haha... HAHAHAHAHA!!!" Light laughed out, showing how far gone his sanity is, surprising his comrades. "That's right... I am Kira, and what can you do? Kill me right here?" Light asked with a sadistic smile. "Hear this, I'm not only Kira, but I am also... God of the new world! With (Y/n) by my side, she will be my Goddess!" Light announced.

"Kira has become law in the world we now live in, he's the one who maintains order, I have become justice" Light admitted quite determined that he hasn't lost quite yet. "The only hope for mankind, heh, kill me? Is that really the right thing to do? Since Kira's appearance 6 years ago, wars have stopped, and global crime rates have reduced to over 70%" Light reasoned.

"But, it's not enough, this world is still rotten!! With too many rotten people, somebody has to do this! And when I first got that notebook, all those years ago, I knew I had to do it! No, I was the only one who could! I understood that killing people is a crime, THERE IS NO OTHER WAY! THE WORLD HAD TO BE FIXED!!" Light yelled out.

"Only I can do it... Even the world wanted me to... As it has given me a Goddess to do this for. WHO ELSE COULD'VE DONE IT?! AND COME THIS FAR!! WOULD THEY HAVE KEPT GOING?! We're the only ones... Who could create a new world, is me and (Y/n)" Light admitted while hiding his eyes behind his hair.

"No! I refuse to be a part of your plans! You're nothing but a monster! A murderer!! This damn notebook is nothing but a weapon to mankind! All you are is a man who's obsessed over being a God! In the end, you're nothing more than a crazy serial killer, that's all you are" (Y/n) said loudly, while glaring at Light, who is now quivering in shock.

"My Goddess... You don't really mean that... Y-You, love me..." Light tried to deny, as he's in disbelief that (Y/n) is mad at him and siding with... Criminals. The room is once again silenced, as Light straightens himself, seemingly waiting for something. "Near, here's some food for thought, that notebook you have, and the one Aizawa brought from the Japanese Task Force Headquarters, are they both real?" Light questioned smugly.

Near tilts his head in confusion, trying to figure out what Light's up to with his little bluff. "At the moment, only I know where the real notebook is," Light said as he casually walks away from the group. "If you truly want to defeat Kira, as well as test the notebook that Aizawa's carrying, I guess you have to either write down my name or Mikami's," Light said casually.

"It's the only way to see if it's real," Light said while trying to secretly open the watch's hidden compartment. "OR FAKE!!" Light yelled out as he got the watch compartment open, as he quickly tries to write down everyone's name. "HE HAS A PIECE OF THE NOTEBOOK!!" The Commander pointed out.

Before Light could write anything, Matsuda lifts a gun up and shot Light's hand, causing Light to scream in pain. "M-Matsuda?" (Y/n) questioned, quite surprised that Matsuda would do something like that. "MATSUDA! YOU IDIOT!! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE SHOOTING AT?! DON'T SCREW WITH ME!!" Light yelled out through his pain.

"What was it all for then?! What about your Dad! WHAT THE HELL DID HE DIE FOR?!" Matsuda asked while holding Light at gunpoint. "My Dad? Hah... You mean Soichiro Yagami, that's right Matsuda, in this world all those earnest people like him who fight for justice. They always lose, do you want a world where people like that are made to be fools?! I know you understand! SO KILL THE OTHERS!! SHOT THEM!!" Light demanded hopefully.

"You led your own father to his death, and now he's gone you call him a fool?!" Matsuda asks through his tears. Light noticed that Matsuda isn't doing as demanded, so he takes this chance to try and write down Near's name in blood. "HIS BLOOD!!" Aizawa announced, which Matsuda did the only thing he could, he shot Light multiple times.

"I'll kill him! I'LL KILL HIM!! HE HAS TO DIE!!!" Matsuda yelled out, sending out another shot. But, before it could go off, the other task force members restrained Matsuda, thus allowing the bullet to miss Light's head. (Y/n) watches Light struggle to stand up, seemingly difficult because of all the bullet wounds.

"Damn it... What the hell is this?... Mikami! What are you waiting for? Write down their names!! Write them down!! Kill them now!!" Light demanded, too demented to remember that Mikami is restrained. "It's finally over... We avenged L and Mello..." (Y/n) said in relief.

"Where are you (Y/n)? Where's Misa? Where's Takada?!" Light questioned, as he has run out of options. "AHHHH!!!!" Mikami yelled out, as blood sprayed everywhere, this caught everyone's attention. "AHHHHHHHH!!!!! AHHHh!!!" Mikami continues to yell, as his blood spills out like a fire hydrant bursting.

Light took this opportunity to flee while he still had the chance, hoping to maybe get away alive. "Wait... Light!" Matsuda yelled out, gaining the other's attention on Light's fleeing figure. "He's getting away!" Mogi pointed out the obvious, ready to run after him.

"Mr. Aizawa, it's unlikely he has any pieces of the notebook, and with those wounds, he's not going to go far. He'll stop running soon, even if we leave him alone" Near informed. "Near, I'm not going to follow your orders," Aizawa said bluntly, which surprised Near.

"Very well then... I'll leave it up to you," Near said while casting his gaze away from Aizawa. "Near... If you don't mind, I'd like to help look for Light" (Y/n) said, gaining Near's attention. Near reluctantly got off (Y/n)'s lap, letting her follow Aizawa out of the room, and towards Light's direction.

When the others kept running after Light's trail, (Y/n) stopped in her tracks, and turned towards Ryuk. "So, Ryuk, are you going to kill Light?" (Y/n) questioned. "I am, but, don't worry, I won't be leaving the human world any time soon, you're too much of a joy to be around," Ryuk said, somewhat lying.

"Come on now, tell her the real reason you're stuck with her" Sebastion said, quite annoyed with the Shinigami lying. "Huh?! Why you... Fine! I'm stuck here because the old man wants me to watch over you! Happy?" Ryuk said angrily. "Old... Man? Do you mean the Shinigami King? Why does he care if I'm watched over?" (Y/n) questioned. "So nieve, I thought you were smarter than this... Don't you see? You're his precious little daughter" Sebastion revealed.

----[End]----