Chapter 46

It had been 10 days since L and Watari's death, and (Y/n) had yet to leave her room, thankfully Sebastion has been maintaining her health. "Poor girl... I hope she is alright... She hasn't left her room once" Matsuda said worriedly. "Don't bother her, she's grieving" Soichiro commented, wanting to give the girl space.

"It's a shame that she can't tell us who L really was" Aizawa pointed out, not really having the guts to pester the girl. "Yeah... That's true, who could've guessed that Watari was actually a famous inventor" Matsuda added, quite astounded by the news. "The paper says, he founded an orphanage around the world using the fortune he inherited from his patience" Aizawa pointed out while placing the newspaper down.

"He was a fine man... A hero... And a really old friend" (Y/n) commented while walking down the stairs, bags under her eyes. This caused the 4 sitting males to stand up, "(Y/n)! How are you feeling?" Matsuda questioned worriedly, only to receive a tired smile.

"I'm... Hanging in there... You 4 can sit down" (Y/n) said tiredly, as they did as they were told, she walked over and sat between Matsuda and Aizawa. "You mentioned he was an old friend? You guys knew each other?" Soichiro asked, quite curious about the information.

"That's not something you should ponder about, it's more so on what we should do next. We can't continue to use this base with them gone..." (Y/n) pointed out sadly. "Hm... Light, how's it going?" Soichiro asked as Light is sitting in a chair in front of a computer.

"I should be able to transfer the system and most of the information out of here by tonight. It's weird though... I almost feel as if I'm stealing... I've created a voice filter identical to the one Ryuzaki used, we can use it to make the police think he's still alive, and give them orders. Like we've been doing so far, but... Who's going to take the place of L?" Light questioned.

"Come on, what are you talking about, Light? You're the only one who can take on the role of L" Matsuda pointed out. "I don't know... He... Was killed by Kira because he challenged him, I'm not sure if I want to go down that same path..." (Y/n) mumbled out.

"We understand how you feel (Y/n), but Light is really the only one of us who could do this" Aizawa stated. "That's right! Even Ryuzaki said so himself! Light will be capable of succeeding L" Matsuda added in. Meanwhile (Y/n) is trying her hardest to not burst into tears from the mention of replacing L, like he wasn't a person, but an object.

"I will do it... But, I am not Ryuzaki, I won't take big risks like challenging Kira directly to gather clues, it's just not me" Light said, wanting to show that he isn't replacing L. "Yeah... It's probably better if we play it safe, Ryuzaki may have been a little too confrontational" Soichiro agreed.

"With all this, I may be able to pull this off in the comfort of my own home, but I'll need a 1 bedroom apartment," Light said, subtly hinting that he wants to move out. "I don't see why you can't move out, you're are of age, and it won't seem suspicious," Soichiro said, not really minding the idea.

"Oh yeah! And then we will be able to use Light's apparent as our task force headquarters! That's a great idea!" Matsuda commented. "So... What do we do with the notebook?" (Y/n) questioned, hoping she doesn't have to touch it. "It's really not that difficult... There are 6 of us here, and we know none of us will use the notebook, will just have one of us take it and hid it somewhere. Where no one else will ever get to it" Light suggested.

Matsuda slowly raises his hand, only to have Aizawa chime in, "please chief, it's got to be you" Aizawa said. "Ah... Yeah, chief! We can count on you! You're a pillar of justice after all! Haha..." Matsuda said nervously like he didn't just try and volunteer to hide the notebook.

"You want me to... Alright," Soichiro said willingly, "we'll avenge Ryuzaki together! Right (Y/n)?" Matsuda encourages. He turns to look at (Y/n), only seeing she is crying, making him panic. "Oh, sorry (Y/n)..." Matsuda mumbled out, while Mogi handed her a tissue box.

While the task force is conversing with each other, (Y/n) turns her gaze to the chair L always sat at. Her eyes are dull while staring at the memory of L, so close to touching him. "Why... Is life so cruel..." (Y/n) mumbled out, thankfully no one heard, only seeing stray tears fall down her face.

Unknown to all of them, Light has another notebook, who he used to kill off Wedy in a motorcycle accident. The news was that she crashed her motorcycle, and it burst into flames. He then killed off Aiber who died in his own home in front of his family.

Light kills off the Yotsuba group, making sure that no one is left alive while increasing his murder count. In public, he is now a police officer, while in private, he is Kira. While Light is off killing criminals, (Y/n) sent a message to the Wammy House, sending her grandpa the news.

On the phone, it said, "L is dead", indicating that she needs help, and is in danger. "What is it, Rodger?" Mello asked the old man. "It's L, he's dead, and (Y/n), she needs help," Rodger said sadly to both Near and Mello, the two quickly piecing together that their friend is in danger.