Chapter 19

It's now the morning, Light brought (Y/n) down to have breakfast with his family. "Good morning Light, (Y/n)" Sayu greeted the two while holding toast to her face. "Good morning you two" Sachiko also greeted the two while placing some plates down. "Mom, Sayu, can you two do me a big favor and keep Misa a secret from Dad for now?" Light asks the two.

He then started walking to the seat next to Sayu, bringing (Y/n) along, being a gentleman, he pulls the chair for (Y/n). Once she sat down next to Sayu, Light takes the chair at the head of the table. "Alright," Sachiko said, not seeming to care, "actually, it's not just Dad, you can't tell anyone else about her either," Light said.

"You see, Misa is an up incoming model, so people can't know about us being friends, it might spread rumors" (Y/n) said, genuinely worried about Misa's career going downhill because of Light. "What?! Is she really? I thought she was pretty, but I had no idea! Of course, you're pretty too (Y/n), don't worry I'll keep it a secret... For 50 bucks!" Sayu sarcastically said.

After some breakfast, Light walked with (Y/n) to the University, hand in hand, the sign saying To-oh University. When arriving at the school grounds, Light turned her around. "Now, remember to meet me at our lunch spot, have a good day," Light said to (Y/n). "Thanks- MPMH?!" Before (Y/n) could finish her sentence, Light kissed her on the lips.

The kiss lasted a good few minutes, but reluctantly Light separated the kiss, chuckling at (Y/n)'s blushing face. "See you at lunch, my Queen" Light said, ruffling (Y/n)'s hair and walking away to head to his class. 'I can't believe I actually did it, I kissed her! It was so much better than I imagined!' Light thought with a blush, his pupils showing hearts in them.

At the end of the school day, they arrive at the secret hideout for the police, "hello" Light greeted. "Oh! Come in you two, your timing couldn't be better actually" L said, while Light holds the door open for (Y/n). "We've just received a new video message from the second Kira," L said.

"Huh? Really? That was a bit fast" (Y/n) said while walking up to L and Soichiro, "yes, I believe it's the last one," L said. When (Y/n) arrived near L, he gently grabbed her hand and pulled her to sit on the armrest. "Well, take a look at this" L said while pressing the remote to play the message.

The message that is played said the exact words Light told Misa last night. "After watching this, I can only think that Kira and the second Kira have managed to make contact," L said. 'I knew he would say something like that, maybe I should've warned Light... Eh, too late now' (Y/n) thought with a shrug.

"What makes you say that?" Light asks, not liking how L figured it out so quickly. "Oh, come on, didn't you sense it? I was sure you'd come to the same conclusion I did, after watching this once-through" L said, basically calling Light stupid. "First, consider how determined how he was to meet Kira, so why the sudden change of heart?" L asks, while hand-feeding (Y/n) some chocolate.

"Now, he wants to punish criminals that Kira hasn't? All he wants out of it is for Kira to see him as an ally?" L keeps asking, making the message sound stupid. "Hm... It begs the question, why didn't he do this, to begin with? I'm guessing, he never thought that far ahead, he probably met Kira and was told which criminals he'd be allowed to judge" L said while eating some chocolate as well.

"I suspect the purpose of this message is to hide the fact that they met" L finished, turning his gaze to Light. "I see, what I find really strange is that it's unlike Kira to be so careless," Light said, basically mocking himself. "That's true, but argue to believe that Kira made a mistake this time? Or is this his way of letting us know he made contact?" L asks rhetorically.

"It would be an effective means of provoking us, the idea of their reunion is very threatening. However, this is also one less reason to suspect Light as Kira" L confessed, making Soichiro gasp. "Ryuzaki! What do you mean by that?!" Soichiro asks in a demanding tone, "if Light is Kira, I don't think this is the message he would have the second Kira send us" L answered Soichiro.

"It doesn't fit, he would've made the second Kira go through with his plan to have me appear on TV," L said, which is very ironic. "Then deny that they ever made contact, letting the second Kira shoulder the blame for my death, he'd make them say something like..." L trailed off, thinking hard about what the second Kira will say while picking up a donut.

"'Although I had agreed not to go through with this, I've come to realize that it was not Kira's true intention that I stop, I'm positive the real Kira would want L to die, there is no way he'd make me stop'" L finished, taking licks off of the donut. "Ryuzaki?" Light asks L who is making satisfied noises from licking the donut.

"Yes, Light?" Ryuzaki asked, pausing in his licking, "I think you're mistaken, I would never do that, if... I was Kira" Light said. "Why not?" Ryuzaki asks, quite curious about what Light will say, "well, if you're L and I'm Kira, then I'd already know your personality pretty well. L would never agree to appear on TV, no matter what threat he was facing, and he wouldn't allow someone else to die in his place, the L I know will find some way to escape the situation" Light said.

"So, you've figured it out," L said with a smile, turning his body to look at Light. "Look, Light, you've got to stop that, I don't like hearing you say 'if I were Kira' even hypothetically," Soichiro said to Light with concern. "Oh, I'm sorry Dad," Light said, turning to look at his Dad with a frown, to show how sorry he is.

"I just wanted to let Ryuzaki know exactly what I thought of his plan, I pose that scenario because I want to help solve this case. It's the only chance I have to clear my name, besides the only reason I feel comfortable saying things like that is because I am not really Kira" Light said, trying to convince his Dad that he meant no harm.

"That's a good point, you're not Kira, that is, it would be a problem if you were Kira because I feel you're the second friend I ever had," L said, surprising Light. "Of course, (Y/n) is my first, and best friend, so don't think you'll be replacing her spot," L said to Kira with a glare.

"Don't worry, because, (Y/n) is my girlfriend, she can have as many male friends as she wants" Light says, taking a harsh jab at L. "Wait, you're dating my son?!" Soichiro asked, forgetting that he already knew this, "we have been for a while now... I think" (Y/n) mumbled out the last part.

'Damnit, he got her first, don't worry my love, once I know for certain that he is Kira, he will be behind bars, then executed. I won't even have to lift a finger to kill him, to save you from him, because you belong to me, and once he is gone, you will be mine' L thought while glaring at Light.

'Heh, I won her heart L, there is no changing that, and once I get rid of you, she and I will rule this world together. Don't even think about taking her from me, because she is mine! Soon, we will be seen as Gods! And there is nothing you can do about it! Because I have you right where I want you' Light thought, while also glaring at L.