Chapter 12:Third eye

~*(y,n)'s POV*~
     "... Fine, you better be right about this." I tugged my hands away from my comrade's warm palms with such a forced agreement to his request that it almost hurt to wrestle out from my mouth. My response teetered through the uncertainty tainting my voice- I can't stress enough how half-witted I think his idea is. The fact that he isn't communicating what actual plan he has in mind isn't making the dilemma any better. Has he forgotten that he went along this mission with a goddamn partner?

     I... don't have a choice but to follow through, though. We can keep going on with this battle all night long if one wishes, wait for the sun to rise in a few hours and take our time. We can't, if it wasn't deafening enough. We've got other enemies to deal with tonight, those skimming around the forest under the leafy canopy above. If we don't handle those, our entire point of coming to Nichibotsu for the eradication of demons will all be pointless.

     "I understand I'm not explaining what my objectives are, and I'm completely aware that fault is on my half-" Oh, no, it's not like I wasn't already blaming you, "I'm not entirely sure this is going to work. So, if anything happens, know that I'll take full responsibility for it!"

     ... You know, when somebody has part of your life in their hands, and they say something along the lines of THAT; It's a little hard to be confident, right? Right. He's not helping his case here, if convincing me to trust him is the purpose. He's even admitting to not being 100% on this himself, how is that supposed to make me feel any better, someone who doesn't trust him whatsoever?!

     My fiery-haired ally mustered up a chuckle at my unbelieving expression, turning to the frozen wall of water that; soon enough, won't even have the appearance of such after the next attack.

     "Trust me, everything's going to be just fine." Throwing that word around as if it's money, the coins clatter at my feet. Trust. He acts like it's expendable; if it's used enough, maybe the next go will actually succeed. I haven't found such value in the phrase for so long, the promise it keeps with it going stale. I barely have any, so why take it's word so mindlessly?

     "Demon Blood Art, Blood Ray!!" My attention was snapped back into my body when Senshu called out his special ability in a booming voice- it only means one thing for me. The moment comes for me to either agree Flame Hashira's plot, or... do whatever the hell we can, stay behind the ice longer and hope for the best. ... One of those obviously doesn't lean in my liking, but it's the smart choice here. This better be good.

     I readied my (f,c) katana as a rush of a ringing noise into the air, preparing myself for what's to come next. I didn't fortify the defense with my weight as a forceful and aggressive beam of red energy pounded into the shield; I know there's no reason to try, it's on its last leg.

     I lunged to the side when, not a millisecond later, my shield was destroyed, ultimately devoured by the Demon Blood Art. Kyojuro was quick to roll out of the way and abandon the protection too, and bursting into an intense sprint, he swiftly dashed over to our target.

     "Flame Breathing, 3rd form, Blazing Universe!"

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
     I called out the form from my intense technique with a smirk present on my mouth when leaping off one foot and arcing my body through the air, counting each second that passed as my sword moved behind me. I have the chart mapped out in my head, a code that's been waiting to be solved ever since the pale demon arrived to the fight to assist his comrade. For me to follow it, I know now what to do, the timing, everything down to the fine print.

     4 seconds-white

     5 seconds-green

     7 seconds-blue

Cold hearted (KyojuroxReader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें